So I got bored today...

I don't know why I bothered. I am probably going to get a new exhaust by the end of the year. The color does not match the rims perfectly but I have at least proven I can get a quality finish that I will not be embarrased by. I used a high temp engine paint in rattle can. I currently have carbon fiber heat shields but they are starting to look burned up.

Yea, those look good, but the '09 wheel color is hard to match. Kind of has a greenish tint to t. The '08's were more golden like your paint.

I did the exact same thing except once i got heat shield on bike i decided to paint it black leaving only end cap gold. They even have high temp clear coat, dont know if you used that or not? But i agree it does make factory exhaust look much nicer! Of course i have since gone like the rest and ditched factory exhaust. I never liked the silver accents with gold rims, not sure what Yamaha was thinking...well done!

wheel paint...

I have just joined this site specifically looking for a paint to match the wheels on the '09 FZ1 and from the looks of it, I am not the only one that isn't having any luck... Does anyone have any idea on how to contact the factory in Japan? I am guessing thats the only way to figure out the codes.

I may eventually just get the rims powder coated along with the parts I want done. I am not going to keep the exhaust for much longer. I like the brighter gold in the FZ1 sticket on the upper anyway. :)

They exist.....

FZ1009.jpg

pinstriping/letters -- not tuning fork??....re-read before posted...maybe I missed...

re-re-read....guess he did...

Last edited:
I know that it can be done in a two part -- black background with the gold tuning fork-- wouuld probably want to clear to keep intact.....course this knowledge is going on the antiquated process of making vinyl stickers back in college....

Back