smuggler trunk

$799? There is NO WAY I'd pay that money for a trunk like that. WOW! You can get a set of Givi and the racks for that price! Is it a refrigerator as well? ;)

brand

Yeah its a corbin, I was not going to pay 800 but I got it for half of that, roughly. I really like the lines once it is on. Next year I want to get hard bags but am still scratching my head trying to make sense on what type and which racks to use since I have an aftermarket tail now.

Yeah its a corbin, I was not going to pay 800 but I got it for half of that, roughly. I really like the lines once it is on. Next year I want to get hard bags but am still scratching my head trying to make sense on what type and which racks to use since I have an aftermarket tail now.

You will have no trouble with mounting GIVIs. Both the V-35's and the PLX-R racks will not interfere with your trunk or tail. If you go with the quick release rack system you will be able to keep the clean looking tail when the bags are not on. The rack does use the stock mudflap though, but a little enginuity should solve that problem since you have a tidy tail. Just don't get rid of your passenger pegs as you will need them.

Well, half the cost is much more resonable. :D Good deal for you!

Lee, good to know about the Givi setup. Where on the pillion mounts does the rack attach? I'm sort of glad I kept mine now. ;)

GIVIBracketdetail.jpg

They use a bolt (that replaces the pin) that the passenger pegs swivel on. There are two very slightly different length bolts included. The slightly shorter one and the smaller nut go on the pipe side for exhaust can clearance. If you use the wrong nut and bolt it will contact the pipe (at least with the stock can). See above picture. For anyone doing this I can take a series of detail close ups, and post if needed. Also note the thin "spacer" nut between the rack bracket and peg bracket.

Last edited:
Looks like keeping the butt-ugly tail as well... :( I'd have to really toy with the fabrication and make it something totally different at that point. ;) I'd find a way to put the signals on the cases and just the plate on the rack cross-member with a stabilizer to the stock fender mount. :Rockon:

If you want to lose the stock fender, and know a welder, you could just get a tube welded straight across from one side to the other and attach it to the same spots that the short cross tubes do now. Put a couple of bends in it so that it runs across where you want it to and paint the tube. That way the rack has the side to side bracing. The main center brackets take all the weight. The lower and rear brackets are more there for stability. Even screwing a long bolt into each rear tube and welding the heads together would do the trick, it just wouldn't be as neat and tidy.

As far as signals go with the ones that I have integrated with the bags, I could just remove the rear ones completely. With the bags on I would be legal.

Back