Slip on project

fazer1sniper

After weeks of working on other peoples bikes i decided to go back to a project for me with my '04 FZ1. This Moto-GP slip on was some thing I messed with before and now it's the second prototype. It has the baffles from the stock pipe from an '82 Kaw K305. I think I got the sound I'm going for. Looking for opinions on if I'm going the right direction. General looks, shape, size. Color: Flat black, gloss black, aluminum finish? Any input?
ca001.jpg

ca002.jpg

ca003.jpg

ca004.jpg

ca005.jpg

Has the right "look", but I don't know what it will do for performance. As for color I would go with a black that matches the frame and swing arm.

I don't expect any perfomance boost, nor have I ever felt that I needed more power out of mt FZ. This is an attemp to replace the stock ''potato cannon'' with something with some more style.

ceramic

I don't expect any perfomance boost, nor have I ever felt that I needed more power out of mt FZ. This is an attemp to replace the stock ''potato cannon'' with something with some more style.

I had the header on my 86 FZ 600 ceramic coated in silver after the "high temp" powder coat burned off. The ceramic cost me $90.00 for the whole thing. The stuff is indestructable and will probably rot out from the inside before it ever shows on the outside. You can scrub melted boot rubber off as well.:tup:

The stuff is indestructable and will probably rot out from the inside before it ever shows on the outside. You can scrub melted boot rubber off as well.:tup:
Very cool. I'm gonna play around with this and if it works out I may build something out of new materials. The ceramic may be the way to go on that one. It's a long winter, ya never know what crazy idea I'm gonna come up with.

colours

Very cool. I'm gonna play around with this and if it works out I may build something out of new materials. The ceramic may be the way to go on that one. It's a long winter, ya never know what crazy idea I'm gonna come up with.

The other thing that I forgot to mention is that ceramic comes in a ton of colours now as well. When I had mine done I did not go with black,(the stock colour for the bike) because the black only came in matt back then. The matt is more difficult to clean rubber off of if you touch a boot to it.

Last edited:
Ebay currently has a gp, and of course its chinese, but in this application, I'd assume the first order of bussiness would be to clearcoat it and then install it. There can't be much to go wrong with this kind of unit I wouldn't think. I have a Delkevic can which supposedly is from England made in China, it appears so far to be very quallity in its construction, having said that, this simple all 'trick' looking gp ought to fare fine from a integrity standpoint and its $146.00 I picture it as looking pretty good.

Ebay currently has a gp, and of course its chinese, but in this application, I'd assume the first order of bussiness would be to clearcoat it and then install it. There can't be much to go wrong with this kind of unit I wouldn't think. I have a Delkevic can which supposedly is from England made in China, it appears so far to be very quallity in its construction, having said that, this simple all 'trick' looking gp ought to fare fine from a integrity standpoint and its $146.00 I picture it as looking pretty good.

I've heard of fitment issues with those eBay units, but I guess that's to be expected for the price...

Back