Slightly Different Handlebar thread

kidblooper

Ok Ok I know the high rise bars are a big part of the appeal of the fz. And dont get me wrong. i love the comfy feel.. BUUUUTTTT has anybody seen anybody change the triple tree etc.. for track days or a little more than sporty rides. i'd like to get down again.. just curious if you can take the bars from an r1 etc and have it be fairly easy ? I'd love to ride my high bars 90% of the time.. but would also like the lower bars when the fun roles in. any help would be appreciated

I've seen some bars on the net that allow you to articulate them just about any way you want but I think they are in the range of $550. Changing bars back and forth for a day at the track can be done but you have to remember that there's a lot of stuff is on those bars and stuff, like the cowl, that can come into contact (in a bad way) when you change bars.

thanks for the input.. looking into the convert bars now.. they dont have a confirmed install for the fz1.. maybe i'll be the one to confirm it for them .. 340 bux is not bad to have that adjustability at your finger tips

Yeah... after I posted the link, I looked back and noticed you had a Gen II... I think that if you got the kit for the Gen II, there might be a few things you'll have to figure out on your own... like possibly getting longer brake lines and stuff like that... but overall, I think they'll suit your needs...

These look like the answer to a lot of bar issues. Higher/lower/closer, farther etc. I had seen them before but couldn't find them in my latest issue of CW

OK, I just lowered my bars using some leftover handlebar mounts from my dirtbike. I have them shimmed up to the height I want, but with only 2 tools and 15 minutes, you can change between stock to lowered bars.

same results (1 inch lower than OEM) with SV650 risers, fits perfectly without mods to cables. Believe me one inch makes a good difference:sport12:

Back