Skyrocketing Petrol Prices

i aint sure about you guys / gals in other countries ? , but here in Australia petrol prices are going through the roof :mad: i almost have to take out a bank loan , to fill up my car & feel the pain @ filling up my FZ1N :eek: . we were paying approx $1.72+ per litre last week , fuel has gone down to approx 1.50+ per litre this week . whats going on :confused: , ppl all over the world must be fed up with getting held up @ the petrol bowser weekly its "highway robbery" .. :mad:

They suck here in the US too. Not only that but the US dollar has taken a nosedive over the past few years. I was just in Australia in March and when we planned the trip a few years prior, the dollar was much stronger so our money didn't go as far as we had planned :mad:

The good news is, higher gas prices = more motorcycles on the road ;)

What kind of gas do you use

Hi,
I live here in the states and was wondering what kind of gas do you use in your fz1's. I just purchased an 08' fz1 in july and the dealership said use medium grade or premium. the manuel says at least 87 octane which is regular. I have been useing premium 92 octane i think and have 600 miles on it. Just wondering what everyone else uses and why. Thanks
cueist

I always used regular in my FZ1 and I currently do in my FJR. Unless you are getting engine knock, you are wasting $ buying higher octane grades.

Here ...
unleaded has 1.12euro(Athens)/per litre , 1.25euro(Chania)/per litre

super unleaded has 1.26euro(Athens)/per litre , 1.39euro(Chania)/per litre

say of course that from company in company it differs

its the same here in't U.K. disgracefull some haulier's over here have been forming slow movein convoy's on our motorways GOOD ON THEM!! there are some good buisnesses out there goin under.its about time these people stopped being so d**m greedy!!!!!

really winds me up when you all start moaning bout gas prices you dont know how lucky you really are -- try $2.18 per litre yep per litre £1.17 here in the uk for unleaded

thats like 30 bucks to fill me fazer and 90 bucks to fill the family car all on unleaded that the lord i dont drive a diesal just dont go there lol

really winds me up when you all start moaning bout gas prices you dont know how lucky you really are -- try $2.18 per litre yep per litre £1.17 here in the uk for unleaded

thats like 30 bucks to fill me fazer and 90 bucks to fill the family car all on unleaded that the lord i dont drive a diesal just dont go there lol

Yeah but you guys across the pond typically don't drive as much as we do here in the states for the most part. How many miles a year does the avg person put on their vehicle?

I had a guy from Ireland I met on a dive trip who thought he was gonna fly to Boston and drive to California. LOL. I had to explain to him the actual scope of such a trip.

granted if you wanted to wage war on the us just cut off the fuel supply and it would grind to a halt

as an average we drive 15k a year and i'm fully aware of the scope of travelling the us

if i had the choice i'd move stateside tomorrow - we to policed by big brother and all that with speed camera's cctv's - see being an island has now become this nations downfall as the powers that be have a captive community who virtully all drive because pulic transport is so appaling and
therefore they can reap the revenue from the poor vehical driver

anyway rant off sorry

Back