"Shorty" slip ons?

Is anyone on here running a shorty slip on pipe? I'm looking for something small, the louder the better. I've seen several "shorty" style slip ons but can't seem to find any information from anyone that has one.

Thanks,
Spencer

im running a very short exhaust.... basically it attaches right to the midpipe and the whole swingarm is exposed....

its an M4 exhaust - i dont think they actually make one specifically for the FZ1 - but the pipe they sell for the k7 gsxr-1000 fits (you will def want to verify this as my memory could be wrong, im sure it was a gsxr1000 not sure the generation)

It is undeniably loud.... i didnt even bother seeing what mine sounds like without the baffle.... its loud enough with one in

heres some photos for you

cvjMhx2h.jpg

z0E6nML.jpg

and some very shitty video, although in the first one if you listen to how loud we are talking u can get a sense for the loudness of the exhaust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7Bodg5OhJQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwMW71KIzpM

Harrisch, beautiful bike man. I wish mine was as clean as yours. That's what I'm shooting for with mine, I've got a cobalt blue as well. That's exactly what I was looking for, I removed my passenger pegs and the undertail and all and the only thing left for my rear is getting rid of the giant factory pipe. the M4 sounds awesome on you rbike. Were there any modification you had to do like drilling bracket or anything to fit it or does it just bolt up perfectly? I had an M4 on my last bike (Triumph Speed Triple 1050) and loved it. Pardon my GSXR ignorance, K7 would be 2007-2008 GSXR 1000s right?

Also, did you change up any of the mapping for the pipe? Aftermarket filter? I'm new to FZ1s so not sure what all needs to be done to get them to run right with slip ons/filter changes.

Thanks,
Spencer

Last edited:
You can bolt a slip on straight up to your stock headers and run it just fine. I did for a while. I then got the BMC air filter and Arrow headers and changed the GYTR carbon pipe (sdefinitely not short though) for a Micron GP pipe (shorter, but not as short as the M4) for sound comparison on those two check this vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMMa9qc1eRA

Here's a pic of the bike with each pipe on. If you go aftermarket headers, you will need a hanger for the exhaust as they don't all bolt up under the engine like the stock headers do.

Once you go after market headers get a PCV and get a proper dyno tune for your bike, I'd recomend getting the ECU flash before the tune as well. you'll have a whole new bike.

one other thing that will transform the bike is suspension. Best mod I ever did.

Attachments

• 20150311_133008.jpg
    20150311_133008.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 20140628_151638.jpg
    20140628_151638.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 132
  • moonta3crp.jpg
    moonta3crp.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
You can bolt a slip on straight up to your stock headers and run it just fine. I did for a while. I then got the BMC air filter and Arrow headers and changed the GYTR carbon pipe (sdefinitely not short though) for a Micron GP pipe (shorter, but not as short as the M4) for sound comparison on those two check this vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMMa9qc1eRA

Here's a pic of the bike with each pipe on. If you go aftermarket headers, you will need a hanger for the exhaust as they don't all bolt up under the engine like the stock headers do.

Once you go after market headers get a PCV and get a proper dyno tune for your bike, I'd recomend getting the ECU flash before the tune as well. you'll have a whole new bike.

one other thing that will transform the bike is suspension. Best mod I ever did.

Nice...
So what pipe did you find sounded and performed the best?
I too have the GP micron serpent can and I love the sound. It's loud but sexy. My Arrow headers should be at the parcel pick up point today so hopefully they will be on later. The ecu flash and other mods have already been done.
Just interested in your opinion on the pipes. Cheers buddy
Delta

Micron sounds better. Performance difference is negligible. I had a dynotune on each. The headers did improve performance. Once you get the headers on definitely get it dynotuned.

Back