Shoei GT-Air

harrisch

Just ordered a Shoei GT-Air Wanderer in matte black from revzilla. Its replacing an HJC CL-16.

I bought the HJC last year when i picked up my fz6r, saw the bike in a crate, bought it that day, and rushed and bought an HJC when i went to pick it up after it was assembled a couple days later. It was a good helmet for my first year of riding, comfortable - but definitely not quiet, and was bought in a rush just so i could ride home.

Now that im riding more, and ive upgraded to the FZ1 i figured it was time for a better helmet also so i got the GT-Air.

My dad has a qwest and he really likes it, comfortable and quiet - i was going to get an RF1100 but i really liked the idea of having a sun visor instead of having to worry about changing visors or worrying about sunglasses.

Just ordered today so i think ill have it sometime next week, ill be sure to post pics and a review once i get the helmet and some miles onit

Cheers Everyone. Below is a link to the helmet.

Shoei GT Air Wanderer Helmet - RevZilla

Seems like a nice helmet and the built in sun visor is a nice touch. I also have the Qwest and I'm very happy with it.

Let us know what you think of it.

have you tried it on?
My head shape is perfect for shoei but not so good for HJC
I have a qwest and I love it but I could use a bit more ventilation and sunglasses , I also have a schuberth s1-pro that has both sg and better vent but I still find the shoei more confy.

just checking in guys, got my GT- air and love it.. havent gotten the time to take good photos yet but thats only coz i wanna do the paint justice.... the hex tessellation over the matte black changes from like a red sheen to blue and green too - looks fricking awesome

aside from that, the helmet fits me much better than the HJC i had, very comfortable, very quiet, like the fact that it had ear pads for speakers - i installed an SMH-10 on it, the chin guard is a nice touch also, and the sun visor works really well. Gotta say the optically non distorting glass is a huge change too - sometimes i cant even tell the visor is down!

just checking in guys, got my GT- air and love it.. havent gotten the time to take good photos yet but thats only coz i wanna do the paint justice.... the hex tessellation over the matte black changes from like a red sheen to blue and green too - looks fricking awesome

aside from that, the helmet fits me much better than the HJC i had, very comfortable, very quiet, like the fact that it had ear pads for speakers - i installed an SMH-10 on it, the chin guard is a nice touch also, and the sun visor works really well. Gotta say the optically non distorting glass is a huge change too - sometimes i cant even tell the visor is down!

When fitting SMH-10 speakers, do you remove the ear pads completely or do you mount the speakers behind the ear pads? In either case, how are you securing the speakers to keep them in place?

When fitting SMH-10 speakers, do you remove the ear pads completely or do you mount the speakers behind the ear pads? In either case, how are you securing the speakers to keep them in place?

I found the best way to be to
1. Pull off the ear pads, there are three plastic tabs that fit into the shell that u can pull out. This removes the ear pad piece with the foam behind it.

2. Carefully tear the foam off of the back of the cover. I tried installing the speakers behind without doing this but I couldn't really get the piece to fit back in properly

3. Put your speakers in the little cavity. It would probably be best to tape or Velcro or something them in place, but I found that I I wired my speakers just right they would sit symetrically, and with the cover back on they don't go anywhere

4. Slip in the three tabs back to place the ear pad cloth back in place and voila you're done.

The speakers sit right over my ears, and they don't move, plus It looks unmodified inside

I still haven't updated this thread with my review - oops! Been too busy riding ;)

Basically, the std version of my NEOTECH. Its a great helmet! The venting is the best, and the drop down shield works great. And it is really quiet, but I still wear ear plugs.

Congrats!

terdog-albums-pics-picture3656-fz1-035.jpg

I found the best way to be to
1. Pull off the ear pads, there are three plastic tabs that fit into the shell that u can pull out. This removes the ear pad piece with the foam behind it.

2. Carefully tear the foam off of the back of the cover. I tried installing the speakers behind without doing this but I couldn't really get the piece to fit back in properly

3. Put your speakers in the little cavity. It would probably be best to tape or Velcro or something them in place, but I found that I I wired my speakers just right they would sit symetrically, and with the cover back on they don't go anywhere

4. Slip in the three tabs back to place the ear pad cloth back in place and voila you're done.

The speakers sit right over my ears, and they don't move, plus It looks unmodified inside

I still haven't updated this thread with my review - oops! Been too busy riding ;)

Thanks for that. It looked like I needed to remove the foam but I didn't want to be a pioneer with a brand new lid. :cheers:

Back