Shirley McClaine at 80+

BroHay

Stihl Loves Trees
well, I had my first out of body experience today.

I've talked about the sweeping right hander that comes off of the interstate and ride it daily. I usually come in anywhere from 70+ depending upon if I got to do any errands to warm up the tires and such (course with the 100+ temperatures, it is getting easier....)

Anyway, jockied for my position amongst the cagers as usually and today it was fairly wide open -- except for one car that did a lane change (approx 200 feet to adjust to the new obstacle.

Got situated for the turn -- and that it where it got fuzzy....I was around 80mph and all of sudden it was like someone had rang the doorbell and a guard rail was approaching....FAST!

I was able to hit the southbound traffic lane and ride in the shoulder for a few hundred feet before merging into the lane -- but there was this stubborn lip that prevented me from going over until I had reduced my speed.

Well, continued the rest of the way on my daily commute -- got home and inhaled the normal fair for lunch and such. Laid down -- and 3 hours later, woke up and running a fever.

Felt a bit off this am, but didn't have a cage to take and was running late -- so I rode -- guess I will think twice about pushing the evenlope if I don't feel right from the git go....happy to report that both bike and rider are fine -- but I'm going to have to go revisit another thread b/c something else is coming back...

Adam

Last edited:
Thank God you're ok! This sounds more like a mild dehydration. Always make SURE you are well hydrated before saddling up. The first thing to go is balance and you never realize it.

who knows (norm, ya care to chime in here with a diagnosis) -- but running a fever right now and still kind of fuzzy --

as for the hydrated part -- I normally drink nothing but water b/c it being so dang hot (and in full gear) -- but guess one can't drink enough....

Adam

I did not ride (or work) today. woke up early this morning with a fever, coughing, side hurts (like the rib cage or side of the lung), sick to my stomach and a raw throat. This, after returning from CT this weekend.

It had better get over quick! This weekend is a Friday night through Sunday bike tour in VT!!!

Hope you feel better Adam!

Yeah, saw your outting for this weekend on the sister site -- how many attendees do you have for your group ride??

Hope you get to feeling better -- b/c I have a feeling that unless you are in the hospital, you'll be there.....decication man, dedication!

Adam

:D I was also sick when I went to TN and rode the dragon the first time. I hydrated and medicated and went but went with caution even though the meds were not strong stuff. In a couple of days, I was feeling better and then hit the dragon with some good runs. So, I'll be there this weekend without a doubt.

We currently have 14 bikes and 17 people. About the same as the White Mtns tour last year. We certainly made Simon at the Kitzhof Inn happy but there will be more HD riders than Yamahas this trip. It will be a LONG ride so I hope they are all up for it!

Back