Shenny 8-25-2013 Video

Looks awesome, thanks for sharing. It's different to see green because all the track videos I see around here are dusty brown.

Are you on the ZX6R? or is that the Ape?

I guess by now you must have figured out the average cost of a trackday ... how much ... I want to start doing them again but when I did them I got a great discount at our local Nashville track so that doesn't count...

nice, I had hoped to come out and hang and take pics, but got tied up... again...

it was a great weekend, couldn't have asked for better weather

Well you also have to get gear. Some places have gear to borrow. But the following is what I was told.

Full Face Helmet that is Snell certified $200-600
Track Leathers $400-2000
Race Boots $150-300
Gauntlet Gloves $100-150

And the tires have to be more than 75% tread on them.

Well you also have to get gear. Some places have gear to borrow. But the following is what I was told.

Track Leathers $400-2000
Race Boots $150-300
Gauntlet Gloves $100-150

Oh buy the very best gear, it is SO much cheaper than the hospital or ambulance.

Track Leathers $400-2000
Race Boots $150-300
Gauntlet Gloves $100-150

Have all that. Trailering, lodging, fuel will add up as well. TOTAL comes to like $700-1000 or for a weekend depending on how far you have to trailer.

When I retire next year, I'll trailer the R6 up, head East, and you show me that cool track! :blowing_kisses: Looks like FUN!

If you are going to trailer up to here. We will ride Shenny, NYST and Thunderbolt(have to throw in the AMA track)

Ssky I bring my food and drink, I camp in my tent and try to ride share as much as possible.I've done 18 or 19 days this year. After a few you learn how to economize. You should have all that gear anyway.

Last edited:
If you are going to trailer up to here. We will ride Shenny, NYST and Thunderbolt(have to throw in the AMA track)

Ssky I bring my food and drink, I camp in my tent and try to ride share as much as possible.I've done 18 or 19 days this year. After a few you learn how to economize. You should have all that gear anyway.

I know, I decided to finally open my own office and have been putting everything I make right back into it. It basically ate up my track budget in the last month and a half. I'm shooting to get on the track in the spring now. AZ track days are now till November and then start up in March again till May. If I'm lucky I will get one in for November.

I ride the streets in jeans, a Dainese textile jacket with full CE armor (need the back protector though). Nobody around here really wears leathers to go ride. That is more of a socal thing. A lot of textile suits though, pretty much on the Bimmer riders because they are the only ones that suit up.

Has anybody heard anything from/about the Sedici suits that they have at Cycle Gear. I guess the reviews have been good so far and they give a lifetime guarantee.

Textile gear works pretty well for the street. Wear pants and good shoes that cover ankle and shin. I finally got a one piece Olmypia Phantom for $300 and it is the best gear investment I have made so far. That means I need to sell rest of my street gear.

I know, I decided to finally open my own office and have been putting everything I make right back into it. It basically ate up my track budget in the last month and a half. I'm shooting to get on the track in the spring now. AZ track days are now till November and then start up in March again till May. If I'm lucky I will get one in for November.

I ride the streets in jeans, a Dainese textile jacket with full CE armor (need the back protector though). Nobody around here really wears leathers to go ride. That is more of a socal thing. A lot of textile suits though, pretty much on the Bimmer riders because they are the only ones that suit up.

Has anybody heard anything from/about the Sedici suits that they have at Cycle Gear. I guess the reviews have been good so far and they give a lifetime guarantee.

What size suit do you wear

What size suit do you wear

46-48 (more likely 48) and 58 in the euro suits, which are all not tall enough for me (6'4").

I tried to get on a Dainese and I couldn't even get one shoulder in. The Sedici is the only one I tried on that was close to fitting, just about a 1/2" too short in the wrist and ankle but boots and gloves would have covered.

The Sedici fit ok. And a couple reviews I read of guy coming off at 70, sliding and being just fine, makes we want to get it. It's $400 right now plus tax (I'm sick of tax and ready for an american revolution part deux)

That bugged me when I was in the states, you look at a price & think yeah I'll have that, then they add all these taxes on top. JUST INCLUDE IT IN THE TICKET PRICE ALREADY. Every other country does. If you have a trade card you get the tax removed or reduced so you know the most you will pay is the ticketed price.

End rant.

Back