Shenny 2012

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
Packing up and heading to Summit point VA tonight. I'll be doing some laps around Shenadoah tomorrow on the ZX and the wife is going to give it a try on the Hawk in Beginner. Hope it turns out well with the Hawk coming back in one piece.

Thats Awesome, good luck tomorrow I hope you both have a great day! let me know how the day is going if you have a chance. Yesterday was soooo HOT at Thunderbolt! Looks like you and Renae will have great weather.

It wasn't the best of track days for me. Shenny was a lot harder than I remember. When I was there last I feel into the groove of the track, this time it felt like I was in a boxing match with it. Maybe thats just how this track is when you run a quicker pace. It is a amazing piece of asphalt that will give you a learning experience that you will never forget. Renee did good for her first track day and cant wait for the next.

The good, both bikes came back in one piece

The bad, enough accidents in my group to give me a whopping 4 sessions and the ninja aquired a overheating issue that put me on the Hawk for a session.

Any whoo heres some pics and some video to come. Shot from the ZX and the Hawk.

Renee on the Hawk
RDP_4879.jpg

Me on the Hawk
RDP_7108.jpg

Me on the Zixxer (love my new visor.
RDP_4803.jpg

havent had a chance to look it over. Im hoping it just a cap or thermostat. It was running around 225 on the track and when I would pit in the temperature would climb to 240 so I parked it.

Heres a vid of the session I did on the hawk. The front was initial pushing. It took a couple of laps for the front tire to come around.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjYkS4unG3A]Honda Hawk GT 650 I group 6 24 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

small world... I might have a few pics of you as well. Couldn't believe all the red flags...

I didn't ride, but was there from about 10-2 taking pics.

Last edited:
Yeah 311 is me, sent you a friend request. I was talking to someone else who was just out to take some photos but he was not from Raceday photos.

Last edited:
On board with the ZX6. Keep in mind she was running at around 225 the whole time. Shenny has also got to be the hardest track in the country.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E7EySsY0Bs]ZX6R @ Shenny 6 24 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Back