Shark Speed R

Here's my new lid, a Shark Speed R, specifically designed for naked bikes.

My old Shoei XR1000 (RF1000 in the US) has taken too much of my sweat over the years and the top of the inner liner has perished.

It's over 5 years old now and has served me well.

Here are some pics of my new lid.

I love the "Top Gun" inner sun visor ;)

I wish I had a Shark shaped head. They make some nice lids but alas, they don't fit me. Otherwise I'd have a Speed R instead of my Bell.

I'm curious about the "designed for naked bikes" comment. I've found that I get a fair bit of helmet/neck movement in a head on wind at 90km/h and over with my kabuto lid.

How does it differ in design?? And also a bit of a review after a decent ride would be great.

Looks the goods too mate, gonna have to start calling yourself maverick, although that might make you sound like a goose ;-)

I was looking at this helmet because its made for naked bikes but revzilla has a killer deal on rf1100 close outs right now. How would you compare the two?

Once I go for a test ride I'll be able to answer some questions and post a ride report.

I just bought it yesterday and haven't had a chance to ride with it yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Interesting. I found my Shoei TZ-X a nice quiet helmet for the naked bike and a much better helmet than the XR1100 I had before. I like the integrated sun visor on the Shark. Would be good to see a comparison between them. I might drop down to the bike store in my lunch break & have a look at it.

Been looking at the Shark Vision-R myself. Big Shark fan - have an RSI currently, very happy with the craftsmanship.

And have a Nexus 4 and a converted FZ1N, just to round out the similarities :) Sweet helmet!

Two words, "freaking awesome".

This helmet is brilliant, the aerodynamics put less stress on your head at speed and it doesn't try to rip your head of when head checking at speed.

The sun shield is an excellent idea.

It's really handy is the twisties when you hit shady areas.

One quick push of the lever, on top of the helmet, and you can have full vision again. It's a really handy feature and I only now realise how much I was missing before as I always rode with a dark tinted visor.

The inner liner is really plush and it fits me really well is is comfortable after only a handful of rides.

This is the best $450 I have spent on riding protective equipment ever, it's that good and I highly recommend the helmet.

Back