Seat options

Hiya, new to the FZ1 world but a biker doing 20k miles per annum for commuting and fun!

Finding the seat very uncomfortable after only 30 minutes. Trying to vary my posture and seating posture to get it more comfortable but struggling.

Came across a guy called Eddie on the US FZ1 forums with some great endorsements for his seats however, when you take shipping costs into consideration, they are just too expensive.

Anyone changed their seat and which one do you now prefer?

Thanks

some people on here were doing a group buy for the SeatConcepts Seat. Pretty decent price.

I have a seat concepts for my dirtbike, and I ABSOLUTELY love it. really amazing stuff. The one for the fz1 looks good.

Any motorcycle seat maker will be able to improve upon the FZ1 seat.

The main problem is the crappy, soft foam.

Most seat makers replace it with a firmer type of foam, I'm sure you have a local guy who could help you out?

I have 2 seats that I had modified, one by a local guy here in Oz and another from Eddie (Dirt Road) on the other forum.

Both are way more comfortable than stock.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I previously had a GTR 1400 and other risers used the Top Sellerie seats from France.

And as has been said, Eddie in the US gets some great reviews.

I'm a bit confused of what I want on the TS website. They appear to have offers of readily available stock however, they don't say if they are 'long' as recommended. Can you give me a link to what I should be considering please?

As for Eddie's seats. with the shipping costs to the UK adding a further $80 to the price, they are also quite an expensive addition.

I need to be sure that the FZ1-S can meet my needs and am really happy with it before committing to the cost of a replacement seat.

Anyone in the Essex area who has a custom seat I could at least try on my bike for a ride around to see how much better they are?

Hi , Im using a yam gel seat , they sit u up about an inch higher , probably not the best but I can do a couple of hours now before I start thinking about a break , can be had on the bay for about £100

Alistair Else offered to make me the same style seats as Eddie in the US but without the shipping costs. It will be the first time he's made seats for a FZ-1 but he has been making bike seats for other brands for some time. I'll post some photos when they are ready.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I have Eddies seat and this is the best seat ive ever had. Ive had corbin and seargant and eddie is right there in quality for a fraction of the cost. Quick turnaround and you can talk to the guy thats making your seat. Very nice guy and the seat is made for your weight. You wont regret it i dont think ive ever heard of someone not liking his product. Good luck

Alistair Else offered to make me the same style seats as Eddie in the US but without the shipping costs. It will be the first time he's made seats for a FZ-1 but he has been making bike seats for other brands for some time. I'll post some photos when they are ready.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Im curious to see the results...

I have Eddies seat and this is the best seat ive ever had. Ive had corbin and seargant and eddie is right there in quality for a fraction of the cost. Quick turnaround and you can talk to the guy thats making your seat. Very nice guy and the seat is made for your weight. You wont regret it i dont think ive ever heard of someone not liking his product. Good luck

Hey Lonney, do you have a link to Eddie's that you could maybe PM to me? I'd may like to go that route. Thanks.

Okay, after one week of riding I can happily report that the new seats are much better than standard. Phew!

I had to adjust my riding position to get the most benefit and I intend fitting some low rise rentals to help with that.

Another one of Eddie's (Dirt Road) happy customers.
IMGP0147.jpg

Back