Seat Cowl

So, I finally found someone that makes a seat cowl for a First Gen FZ1. I haven't seen an FZ1 with one on before, is there a reason? Am I going to get :spank2: for having one? Just never have a pillion and don't like the look of the banana seat.

Cowl seats aren't very popular on the Gen I bikes. I think it has to do with the fact that it's a one piece seat. Easiest way to make a cowl for it would be a cover that slipped over the rear section of it. Is that what you saw?

TCP makes some great products. Pricey but they are durable. Here's their GEN I seat cowl sold at whaccessories.

TCPSeatCowlFazer1000.jpg

Another but I don't know about this company's quality...

BSFZ1SoloSeat.jpg

Last edited:
chuddly on the other forum....mad his own....should of bought it when I had the chance...but looked closer to the second one.

either way....I'm on board since I'm the only rider....wife won't participate...

I have the TCP seat-cover. I like it - it is simply a piece of formed plastic... it's easy to pop on and off (with an allen wrench). Looks good, IMHO.

Last edited:
Looks as though I found the same site. What I'm liking is the under-tail units, has anyone found others than these or know where some good looking stuff is? It seems they went the wrong dirrection when they decided to omit the FZ1's both Gen one and two from usefull applications, ya think. Seems that the aftermarket sector blundered not making more stuff (eye candy) for the FZ, but hay, it is a Naked bike after all. I especially like TCP's stuff, but sheesh..... they sure arn't letting it go cheap, not even reasonable I think, but if you corner the market I guess you can charge what you want huh......

Back