Seat Concepts for FZ1

MrHix

Hi,

I have a Seat Concepts seat on my KTM 690 Enduro R and find it great for long distances. I have a Sargent seat on the 09 FZ1 and am not as happy with it, even with some slight mods along the seams.

I e-mailed Seat Concepts and they said they had a seat to work with, but needed a bike to make sure things turn out right for the masses.

Can anyone give them a hand supplying a bike for a few days so they can come up with a design for the ones of us that want another option in seating?

They are @ 869 West 9th Street in San Jacinto, CA, (951)487-0195, [email protected] .

Thanks,

MrHix

I use a seat concepts on my wr450 and it's amazing. It is easily one of the best changes I made to the bike

If I lived down there and had the fz1 still id let them take it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called Robert today (Seat Concepts (951)487-0195) and he says that they can work on a new Gen 2 seat foam/cover if they can get a bike for a while to make sure it fits.

Trying to do the prototyping via shipping is not a good option since they cannot actually see it on a bike.

They do good work on many bikes.

Thanks for any help.

MrHix

ill bump it up as I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MINE on my WR450. My friends all are getting a seat concept for their trail bikes also because of how nice it is.

Hmmm wonder if they want to do one for a 09+ R1 :D

I don't think he a needed a bump when he just bumped it ;)

If I was in the area I would loan it out for a few days for sure. Then again the weather there is more rid-able here. Right now I am not ridding :p

I'm almost willing to bet the FZ8 product will staple on and work without issue. Does anyone with an FZ1 have an FZ8 riding buddy? Just to measure/compare seat pans and get side-by-side pics? Since the FZ8 is built on the FZ1 frame, it's not terribly different in design and when it comes to buying just the foam and fabric for a seat, these two cannot be much different.

If I were there, I'd offer my bike for prototyping. :D

I'm thinking I might be down for loaning out my brand new baby.

BUT, I'd only do it if they gave me a seat for FREE. Seems fair enough, right?

Only put 50 miles on it so far, and the seat is the first thing I'm looking to upgrade. I wanna be able ride for more than an hour in comfort!

Next week is pretty busy for me, which is good. I probably won't have much time to ride. Wouldn't mind giving it up for a good cause.

Who were you talking to at Seat Concepts? Message me the info and we'll take it from there.

I'm not sure they would go for free, but you could try it or at least get a BIG discount.

I talked to Robert (951)487-0195.

Thanks!!!

MrHix

I'm thinking I might be down for loaning out my brand new baby.

BUT, I'd only do it if they gave me a seat for FREE. Seems fair enough, right?

DO IT DO IT!!

Id imagine atleast 50% discount plus free installation. I know on my dirtbike I had to reuse the seat pan and work/stretch cover into position and do it. It was my first time but I got it perfect I think.

I love my seat concepts seat and I would almost ride down to cali for them to make one for my R1 as I can ride so much longer with the new seat. No more nastly monkey butt after a day on the trails.

Looks like I will have a window of about five days coming up that I can lend the bike out. I'll call Robert and see if we can work something out.

I like what they say they did with the FZ8 seat...

"We built up the front of the seat to eliminate the slope into the tank. With this change and a improved foam density will help keep the seat from being an item to stop you from going on that ride or enjoying the bike."

That's my #1 complaint. I really need to brace against the bars to save my junk from getting crunched.

I'm going to ask about overall height boost too. I'm 6'2" and could use another inch or two up from the pegs. What about you all?

Oh, and leather. I'll see if I can connect Seat Concepts with my in-laws’ leather accessories company.

Just spoke with Robert. He said they'll only really need the bike for half a day, and that I can be on hand for the test ride. They'll then send me home with the stock seat, and hit the shop to create the foam mold and cover. I can bring the bike back for install when that's finished. Schedule-wise, this might have to wait at least until the second week of February.

And yes, they provide a free seat to the lab rat. Win!

He also said they'll offer a group discount, so let's start getting a count for interested parties. Remember this is for Gen2 owners. Let me know how you all have organized this sort of thing in the past. Set up a poll?

Thanks Silas.

I may be the only one that likes a sticky street bike seat, but they have a nice tacky vinyl (?) that really helps on my KTM 690 Enduro.

Cheers,

MrHix

Im up for a group discount once you get yours back if you give good reviews :p I am not 6'2 though.. I am 5'9-10.... It would help me if they made it more bucket like, but otherwise I sit almost right on the tank because of my arm length as well... That and riding dirt bikes for a while, it comes with habits I guess.

I guess something came up silas? Not a problem, thanks for the offer.

Anybody else in the area that has the time to show them your Gen II FZ-1?

Cheers,

MrHix

Back