Scala Q1 vs G4

G4 sucks!! I blew out two left speakers then i sent it to Scala and they said it was fine and sent me two new cradles. New speaker didnt last ten hours of use.

I've had decent luck with our G4. I did have a speaker issue, but I bought new G9 cradles and they are better. They come with the option of the button mic or boom mic. I like the button mic in my RF-1100. They aren't perfect, but I've been happy enough. It's amazing to be able to talk to my wife while on a ride (separate bikes)

Thanks for the thoughts, I'm looking to provide comunication between the wife and I on the same bike, have music and GPS navigation. I don't very often ride in groups so group pairing isn't of the highest concern and I'm watching ebay to hopefully get them on the cheap. Just missed a nice set of Q1's yesterday for $110.

I've had decent luck with our G4. I did have a speaker issue, but I bought new G9 cradles and they are better. They come with the option of the button mic or boom mic. I like the button mic in my RF-1100. They aren't perfect, but I've been happy enough. It's amazing to be able to talk to my wife while on a ride (separate bikes)

so the G9 cradle/speakers work with the G4?

I'm satisfied with my G4, have cradles in 2 of my helmets, One speaker was bad from new but I replaced it with a speaker from some headphones I had .

Q series is lower end, a buddy just bought one and we paired after half hour struggle but I couldn't hear him very well, didn't even had my ear plugs in.

When the G4 dies I think I go for Interphone F5 or whatever will be around .

Group riding with coms is the best thing ever

I've had decent luck with our G4. I did have a speaker issue, but I bought new G9 cradles and they are better. They come with the option of the button mic or boom mic. I like the button mic in my RF-1100. They aren't perfect, but I've been happy enough. It's amazing to be able to talk to my wife while on a ride (separate bikes)[

Thanks for that tip Troy I didn't know the cradles where interchangeable. Besides the cheap speakers I love system . With the button mic and the shield closed phone calls are crystal clear and people I was talking to didn't believe I was riding a bike. Scala knows ther speakers are cheap I wonder why they didn't offer me an upgrade to the newer cradle I would have gladly paid extra money!!

Back