Rotate stock Gen 2 bars down

Sactown2008

Can you rotate stock Gen 2 bars down to lower the grip ride? I know I would have to rotate the grip/mirror hardware in the other direction. While riding I see how the stock bars are bent back, so my first thought was, "Rotate them down, then ride it that way for a month." I was wondering if wires run thru the bars so they could not be rotated. Not sure how low I want my ride, but rotating them might tell me if I should invest in lower risors. Also not lookin for R1 ride.

Yep, you can rotate them, just undo the 4 clamp bolts, and they should become free with a gentle tap.

Be aware though that the switchgear can't be rotated without removing them and doing a bit of surgery.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Can you rotate stock Gen 2 bars down to lower the grip ride? I know I would have to rotate the grip/mirror hardware in the other direction. While riding I see how the stock bars are bent back, so my first thought was, "Rotate them down, then ride it that way for a month." I was wondering if wires run thru the bars so they could not be rotated. Not sure how low I want my ride, but rotating them might tell me if I should invest in lower risors. Also not lookin for R1 ride.

you could get short-rise bars and turn them upside down, then no cables are needed for about a 2 inch drop

Back