Rossi rides an Fz1 for Bridgestone ad

I thought it was pretty cool.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L2Qqeo7fwg]Valentino Rossi rides the Bridgestone Battlax T30 - YouTube[/ame]

Cool......interesting when he gets off the bike at 3:10 there are no stands holding the bike up (obviously someone is at the front of the bike out of camera range) but the next shot from the front shows the tech guy putting the bike on the centerstand and no one is at the front of the bike.

Cool......interesting when he gets off the bike at 3:10 there are no stands holding the bike up (obviously someone is at the front of the bike out of camera range) but the next shot from the front shows the tech guy putting the bike on the centerstand and no one is at the front of the bike.

Valentino is magic.

Probably a front wheel rack. Would have liked to see him lean the bike a bit more.....

Sorry guys but what a load of crap. No lighting up the tire through the turn, never touched a knee and chicken strips? Hell, even I can ride that as fast as he was and I'm a Roissi fan. Made me want to get a glass of milk.

My feeling is if your going to use someone of his ability then let him show you how good the tire really is. Plus how cool would it have been if rode the FZ1 to it's real potential.

And Dustin, do I really have to come up there and prove the PR3 to you?? :nana:

Last edited:
Now, now, Doug! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my PR3s! I was just curious :p

It was 25 f when I left work tonight. I rode twenty miles to stay at my friend's place as he is driving me to the airport tomorrow morning. My PR3s kept me from sliding down the road on my face! ;)

Sorry guys but what a load of crap. No lighting up the tire through the turn, never touched a knee and chicken strips? Hell, even I can ride that as fast as he was and I'm a Roissi fan. Made me want to get a glass of milk.

My feeling is if your going to use someone of his ability then let him show you how good the tire really is. Plus how cool would it have been if rode the FZ1 to it's real potential.

And Dustin, do I really have to come up there and prove the PR3 to you?? :nana:

I have been doing my tire research lately and a lot of the Sport Touring tires are downplayed by the tire makers for their ability. The few articles I've read it almost seems that they don't want to encourage people to really push a pair of sport touring tires. So I guess it's really a mixed message to get someone like Rossi to ride on them and not let him go ham.

I think he would have said "Theese Shock iz sheet!" Do These tyres replace BT023s?

yes, T30 replaces BT023 (great ST tire btw)

BT016pro >>> S20
BT003>>>>> R10

I had Bt023 when I bought my bike , had the bill from the dealer and they were 5k km old , I rode another ~5k till the rear started to slip at every turn, they could go another 2-3k KM easy, and changed with S20 witch I love.

I had slight chicken strips on the 023's myself ,just like Rossi :)) but that disappeared with the S20's .

Back