Rode with my buddy and his Gen 1 today.

We swapped bikes after a while and rode his for a couple hours. Always wanted to ride one (mine was an '06). My first impression was how nimble and light it felt, I also found it very comfortable and I see now why so many people like them! It felt like a smaller size 600cc bike underneath me having been riding my Kawasaki the last few years. I think I still prefer the Gen II though. Once we switched back we decided to leave a couple stop signs in a hurry..........so to speak :sinister: He had nothing for my ZZR........I really enjoyed zipping around on his FZ1 but I am hooked on the massive torque and power of the big Kaw's.

200 extra cc's help with that get up and go.
And most likely an extra 20+ hp (not sure what he has done to his)
Also it's not the fz is so light, its that you've been riding a freaking elephant for a few years. Lol
I haven't ridden a 12 but the 14 is a monster to toss around the curves.

200 extra cc's help with that get up and go.
And most likely an extra 20+ hp (not sure what he has done to his)
Also it's not the fz is so light, its that you've been riding a freaking elephant for a few years. Lol
I haven't ridden a 12 but the 14 is a monster to toss around the curves.

No doubt about that, riding on Michigan's straight roads just doesn't force me to push my pace through a lot of curves. LOL. Mostly the reason I sold the R1 and bought a big ST bike.

Last edited:
Back