Riding Clothes

NoCal

I have been wearing Carhartt double knee pants. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Bohn-Armor-Pants

They seem a bit costly since you could almost buy a pair of riding pants for the cost. $159- but if they work well it could be a good option.

Does anyone have riding pants they really like?

Pants are better than shorts....I commute in carharts as well (although single knee -- so less protected) -- as for riding the twisties, dawn the leathers.

I was laughing to myself yesterday as some squid on a CBR600 was wearing a Dainese back protector (one that I had my eye on) and the rest, well, he might of well been riding naked. Shirt was ripped and the jeans were held together with safety pins on both knees (kids and their fashion statements). Tennis shoes with the laces not tied.

yeah, over the century mark and I'm still in full gear.....guess with age comes the ability to put safety over "coolness"

I am leaning that was too (leather pants). Hilarious, lets see what would be worse than riding in jeans? Hmm how about having the "safety pins" driven into your body!!!

BTW how do I remove the other posting? (Not sure how that happened) Or is that something you as the Admin need to do? My apolies for cloggin up the site with annoying double posts. Again thanks for the grea Admin of this site. Happy 4th!!

...I was laughing to myself yesterday as some squid on a CBR600 was wearing a Dainese back protector (one that I had my eye on) and the rest, well, he might of well been riding naked. Shirt was ripped and the jeans were held together with safety pins on both knees (kids and their fashion statements). Tennis shoes with the laces not tied....

I saw a similar situation the other day. Young kid on a ZX-6R wearing an Icon armor vest over a t-shirt with jeans with sneakers. Oh well...

I ride with Draggin jeans and a leather jacket all the time. Been thinking about getting something with armor for my lower half of the body.

Saw a guy at the local stealership wearing an Arai helmet, Dainese leather jacket with shorts and tennis shoes. Hey, at least he's 1/2 protected.

I don't think the Bohn Armor is CE rated, I believe it's just padding. That's the only drawback I can think of.

I wear Sliders 2.0 with ICON knee/shin guards and Knox CE armor shorts. Either SS Textile or Teknic Leather jacket.

I just bought a pair of Fieldsheer Mercury pants and love them. They could use a little more venting for the summer time riding, but all in all, they seem very functional. I am anxious to zip in the liner, and see how they feel when the cold weather comes. For quick trips, I wear Dickies work jeans, but I always, wear my knee/shin protectors undernath. And the armored leather jacket is always on, regardless of how far im riding.

i have 3 pair of riding pants.

speed and strength kevlar jeans
skorpion deuce textile pants
joe rocket leather pants (part of a 2 pc suit)

i also have some shin guards that i wear underneath the jeans, and deuce pants.

the under armor looks cool, but my guess is that the gear in question would get really hot this time of year. simply because you would have to layer it under jeans, or other pants. this could also require you to buy new jeans just to wear over the aforementioned armor.

you could save some money by buying some shin guards, and padded compression shorts. my skorpion pants were 160.15 otd, and the jeans were ~100$. the shin guards ~20$.

I felt so uncomfortable today. My old gloves finally tore through. I had just received a pair of XL Icon Hooligan gloves and found out that they barely fit my 15 year old son! They were for me but I couldn't even get them on. I gave that pair to my son and ordered a pair of 2XL's. They haven't arrived yet so today I wore my fingerless leather gloves that I had from my cruiser days. It felt really awkward to say the least. I guess I'm stuck with those for at least a couple more days. So if anyone is thinking of some Icon gloves, go larger than usual.

I wear FirstGear HT overpants. They fit over jeans and my work clothes so I don't have to change. They also come with a wind/waterproof zip-in liner. I wear them without the liner above 60 degrees and down to 35 degrees with the liner. No issues with cold and they only get hot when I stop.

Jackets, two, a textile/leather with a removable quilted liner and a mesh with the same liner situation as those pants.

FirstGear boots, Held Steve gloves, Shoei RF-1000 helmet....

Back