Ride your own!

fazer1sniper

OK, Most of the guys can attest that having a lovely lady on the back is an awesome feeling, it kinda does cut back on your riding style. My wife got her first bike about 4 years ago, a little, beat up K305 Kaw that she blew up her first year. Then a brand spankin new 600 shadow that she quickly called a "dog". She has been on her 92 Honda VFR Interceptor since. She Started off slow and now we have a blast all season! We have more fun now than we ever did with her as the pasenger. My point is, WHY NOT LEARN? It's a great time and you might see why us guys spend all that time and money on our bikes. There are great bikes and classes out there. Most states have very inexpesive classes and Harley has the excellent Riders Edge program. It's well worth it. It don't matter if you get on a Ninja 250 or a big 1 liter bike, give it a shot. Beside, women riders are HOT!!!
GEDC0028e.jpg

That is awesome that you got her into riding. I agree it's a lot more fun to ride with her next to you than behind you on the passenger seat. And yes women riders are HOT :D

My wife started with a older fz600 which she found too big to start with, she went to CBR125 and last year graduated to an 2008 FZ600. A great hobby to be riding together. Nothing better than a hot girl on a hot bike.

Congrats! I also got my wife to ride and she's gotten VERY GOOD at it. She started out on a Suzuki S40 Boulevard. Then I moved her to a Yamaha V Star 650 custom. We took her on that bike and me on the FZ6 to Deal's Gap where she started dragging hardware and decided that the V Star was to cumbersome to push through the corners. So, we returned and traded the FZ6 for my FZ1 and her V Star for the new FZ6R which she LOVES!

FWIW, she was NOT a good passenger. When she isn't in control of the bike, I lean into the corner and she leans the OTHER way... That's when I told her she wasn't going to cut it as pillion. Today, she's all the more happier about it! She's been on several group rides with us and now has little trouble keeping up.

Nice to know that others are encouraging their wives to get on their own bike and ride and you're right, it IS a lot more fun when each rides their own! :D Now, if she'd only let me mod it! ;)

:D Now, if she'd only let me mod it! ;)

Is that really a can of worms you'd like to open.....first time something goes wrong and it was b/c of something you did, your garage name might take on its literal meaning.

she then takes your bike and that is the last time you are allowed on the 1 and you are demoted to the 6.

Although my wife doesn't ride (her own bike), she'll ride with me on the GoldWing. Wants no part of the FZ1 but she may have no choice this winter as it'll be our only transportaon other than the motorhome once we leave for Arizona. My wife is one of the people in the world who doesn't have anything gainst motorcycles, they just don't do anything for her. She has her own hobbies as I do, then we have our together time. Sometimes it's good to be able to take off on my own and get away. There's an old saying that "absence makes the heart grow fonder". When I take off on the bike for a couple weeks, that honey-do list isn't quite such a PIA when I get back. When it comes to having your honey enjoy biking, I'm all for suggesting he/she think about their own bike. I've never been a big fan of having another 120 + pounds on the back of a sport bike.

Long before we got married, my wife had expressed interest in learning to ride. We probably wouldn't even be married had she not spent so much time on the back of my bike! She got her permit and we spent an entire summer going to the local high school parking lot where I taught her how to ride my Kawasaki ZZR600. Now she has her MC endorsement and her own bike (Ninja 650R). We ride seperately most of the time, but on occasion she still rides on the back of the FZ1 with me.

Although my wife doesn't ride (her own bike), she'll ride with me on the GoldWing. Wants no part of the FZ1 but she may have no choice this winter as it'll be our only transportaon other than the motorhome once we leave for Arizona. My wife is one of the people in the world who doesn't have anything gainst motorcycles, they just don't do anything for her. She has her own hobbies as I do, then we have our together time. Sometimes it's good to be able to take off on my own and get away. There's an old saying that \"absence makes the heart grow fonder\". When I take off on the bike for a couple weeks, that honey-do list isn't quite such a PIA when I get back. When it comes to having your honey enjoy biking, I'm all for suggesting he/she think about their own bike. I've never been a big fan of having another 120 + pounds on the back of a sport bike.

My wife is the same. She's not interested but knows and understands how important riding is to me. I think she is a good enough driver that she could handle a bike but she's a little clutzy so the thought of her on a bike makes me nervous. Now if I could afford a Can Am Spyder that would be great. I think it would add a lot to our . We love to travel and I would love to share that experience with her. Maybe a Rebel wouldn't hurt...

Is that really a can of worms you'd like to open.....first time something goes wrong and it was b/c of something you did, your garage name might take on its literal meaning.

she then takes your bike and that is the last time you are allowed on the 1 and you are demoted to the 6.

Well, I get stuck doing all the maintenance... ;) Good news too... she can't handle the 1 as she is too petite. :D

I just want to do the lowering kit, frame sliders (but she ONLY wants no-cut) and an FE.

I'm jealous guys. My girlfriend told me that she will never get on the back of my bike.......ever. We almost broke up over a few months ago, just because I bought a bike and the FZ1 is my first bike, But as time went on she has seen how much joy it has brought me, and now accepts it as a part of my life..... I still can't swindle her into riding on the back. I even offered to get another bike like a cruiser or something, but no luck so far. It's not a deal breaker for me because if she ever rode with me or got her own bike and hurt herself, I couldn't live with myself. We've been together almost 6 years, and I will at some point marry her.....If I can start saving for a ring instead of modding my bike. LOL.... I really wish she would ride with me just once, because I think she would love it.

I'm jealous guys. My girlfriend told me that she will never get on the back of my bike.......ever. We almost broke up over a few months ago, just because I bought a bike and the FZ1 is my first bike, But as time went on she has seen how much joy it has brought me, and now accepts it as a part of my life..... I still can't swindle her into riding on the back. I even offered to get another bike like a cruiser or something, but no luck so far. It's not a deal breaker for me because if she ever rode with me or got her own bike and hurt herself, I couldn't live with myself. We've been together almost 6 years, and I will at some point marry her.....If I can start saving for a ring instead of modding my bike. LOL.... I really wish she would ride with me just once, because I think she would love it.

If you could talk her into taking the BRC and then ask her to decide, she might change her mind. At least she can say she tried and if she doesn't like it after the BRC, then you'll know not to ask her from that point forward. ;)

Good luck! But realize there are some that simply will not do it.

Mrs. FZ1inNH in VT

Thought I would share this shot of her in action. She rode a motorcycle for the first time in 2006. :D Like me, she is ATGATT and nothing less!

BTW, she had my saddle bags on as we had yet to buy hers. She now has a black set like mine! :D

attachment.php

Ladies only

I wasn't going to post on this forum / thread as it was "ladies Only". But Great photo of the FZ6r ! My wife has not been on the back of a bike since B.K., (before kids). It is the only way we used to travel as I did not own a car when we first met.

Harley-Davidson USA | Get On A Bike | Learn To Ride
A couple of guys I used to work with at the Sheriff's Office teach this here in Youngstown. It's run through HD but don't let that out you off. It's more than twice the hours of the state course here and is a fantastic beginner program. They Provide those little Buell Bast 500's and run a great school. Even those ladies who don't think they can ever ride get a lot of confidence with it. I can't recomend it enough. Even if you ladies out there NEVER want to oun one of these two wheel contraptions that make you loose track of your guy for hours or days on end, you might find out why we love it so much. If just for a break from the norm, try it. If you Still hate it after, so be it. It might just open your eyes... or at least have a chance to tell us you told us so.

Thought I would share this shot of her in action. She rode a motorcycle for the first time in 2006. :D Like me, she is ATGATT and nothing less!

BTW, she had my saddle bags on as we had yet to buy hers. She now has a black set like mine! :D

attachment.php

Thats a great shot Eric. She really looks at home on that thing. I can't even get my ex-wife to talk to me much less get her on the bike for a ride. The funny thing is that when we first met back in 1989, she was riding me around on a Yamaha DT175 all around the Dominican Republic. Thats what attracted me to her at that time. Now 20 years later and 10 years since the divorce, she wants no part of anything on two wheels. She's gonna be pissed when my son gets his first bike soon. I'm gonna try and find a photo I have of us back then and post it here.

Although I'm happily single, I do envy you guys that have significant others that ride with you. I think it's absolutely great to share that with each other.

Okay, it took me two days but I found it. A photo I knew I had but just couldn't find until an hour ago. This was taken shortly after getting married in 1989. This was the bike that I first saw my wife ride in on. She was still in school at the time and her uncle let her use it to get back and forth. When I saw her ride up on this DT, it was love at first site. This picture was actually the first time she let me have the controls. I guess she didn't trust the "Gringo" from the U.S., riding her around. Maybe it was all the wheelies????Hmmm? As you can see, this was my "Heavy Metal" years. I was a cool 185lbs. and had a ton of hair. My love for motorcycles has lasted a lifetime. Too bad my marriage didn't. Oh well, I guess 1 out of 2 ain't bad!

BillyDT.jpg

Lovin the 80's pic!

I've got a bit of a gender reversal going. I'm the rider and my fiance doesn't have a motorcycle. When we first got together he let me take him in the bitch seat on a couple of rides, but the back of an FZ1 is not comfortable for a 6'2", 210lb man. Plus I think I scared him a little :) Anyway, now that our relationship has settled down he doesn't want me to ride at all and he gives me as much crap as possible about being legless or otherwise maimed from an accident.

In the nicest way possible I told him that I had the motorcycle when we met and if he didn't like it, he didn't have to be with me :)

I still get a few snide comments here and there, but I think he's begrudgingly accepted the fact that I have and always will be a rider.

Lovin the 80's pic!

I've got a bit of a gender reversal going. I'm the rider and my fiance doesn't have a motorcycle. When we first got together he let me take him in the bitch seat on a couple of rides, but the back of an FZ1 is not comfortable for a 6'2\", 210lb man. Plus I think I scared him a little :) Anyway, now that our relationship has settled down he doesn't want me to ride at all and he gives me as much crap as possible about being legless or otherwise maimed from an accident.

In the nicest way possible I told him that I had the motorcycle when we met and if he didn't like it, he didn't have to be with me :)

I still get a few snide comments here and there, but I think he's begrudgingly accepted the fact that I have and always will be a rider.

That is the first time I've heard of the roles reversed in a relationship like that.

I do agree with you though... He knew coming in and cannot expect you to simply change to suit his wishes. Well played! :D

Back