Revalving Stock FZ1 - Worth it?

Long time lurker, I have a '08 FZ1 that's long overdue for fork maintenance. Have 53k miles on it, still runs really well. No fork leaks but it's time for a teardown.

I have all the stock internals and will be going with a stiffer spring (Racetech 1.0kg). There are revalve options such as a kit from GP Suspension.

My question is, is it worth it for $200? I was pretty happy with the stock form, I've had it for 3 yrs and prob. intend to keep it until it reaches 75k miles or so. Is roughly 50k miles on the stock shims and piston too much abuse? Would I be better off getting it revalved? I do touring and spirited riding. Took the FZ from San Francisco to Yellowstone and beyond.

Money could be put towards other maintenance items like a new shock spring or new rotors. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Buy some 04-06 r1 forks and calipers. And sell your current ones. Cost wise almost evens out and you get a much better handling suspension out of the deal. And the parts bolt right up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses, I just went with stiffer springs, routine seal and oil change. Definite improvement over stock. I was thinking of going the R1 route but I have two other bikes in rotation.

Back