Resources for building a streetfighter?

I'm 24 and just started riding this year. I ride a Ninja 250R, but am planning to move up just before the summer riding season.

After much deliberation, I decided to abandon the idea of purchasing a Ducati Monster 696, and build a streetfighter despite having zero experience in building motorcycles. After looking for bikes that fit the bill (carbureted, less than $3000, and highway capable), I decided on a Gen 1 FZ1.

What are some good resources for absolute beginners?

Don't let your inexperience hold you back. I converted an 07 R1 into a street fighter and built several fiberglass pieces using my college theater prop making book to guide me. And by the time I was finished (making every mistake you can), the bike got a four page spread in a national bike building magazine. Also, YouTube is an invaluable resource for just about everything you'll ever want to do to a bike. Good luck!

Welcome to the forum, there's a wealth of knowledge here. There are also many threads that you can read through that may help you in your build.

To get you started, here's a few pics of my FZ1N with few mods added. As said, tell us what you want to do and we'll help where we can.

Attachments

• 20150311_133008.jpg
    20150311_133008.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC01230r.jpg
    DSC01230r.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC01232.jpg
    DSC01232.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 77
Back