replacement tire options?

its almost time to replace the tires ime looking for options and opinions on the various makes the tires that are on now are bridgestone bt020 battleaxe most of my riding is highway,secondary roads ashfault paved i have 34000km on the front and 15000 on the rear would like to get closeto the same milage my driving style is moderatly aggressive to get a smooth road around here is rare

Regular powers are perfect for our bike. 2ct might be better if I saw the center wearing faster than the sides.

NO TOUR TIRES! Tour tires are for tour bikes.

its almost time to replace the tires ime looking for options and opinions on the various makes the tires that are on now are bridgestone bt020 battleaxe most of my riding is highway,secondary roads ashfault paved i have 34000km on the front and 15000 on the rear would like to get closeto the same milage my driving style is moderatly aggressive to get a smooth road around here is rare

the bt016 are pretty good, I'm not sure what kinda mileage you are gonna get out of them, but if mileage is not a real issue and you want excellent gripp try the bt003. those are dual compound tires, soft on the sides and a bit harder in the middle. real sticky, i'm gonna replaced the stock dunlops with this tires.

2008 FZ1 :sport12:

let your riding style dictate what tires to use.... if you're mainly hitting highways and what-not, Pilot Roads may be your best option... if mainly highways with the occasional twisty section, perhaps Pilot Road 2's, Pirelli Angels, Pirelli Rosso's, Continental Road Attack, Dunlap Roadsmarts, etc. ... If you're like me, and live in a place where there's no such thing as a straight road, and you take advantage of that to the fullest, you might want to look at Pilot Powers, Pilot Power 2CT's, BT016's, Metzeler M3's, Dunlop Qualifiers, etc.

The thing to avoid is more tire than you need.... If you use the bike to commute and/or tour, and buy a set of BT016's, you'll be disappointed at the mileage. If you hit the twisties often and buy a set of Avon Storms or Pilot Road's, you'll be disappointed at the handling characteristics and the lack of available grip.

I'm a commuter first, tourer second and twisties last, but not because I want to be. I'd rather move twisties up a notch, however, we just don't have a lot of roads here that are fun enough for a long enough run and are NOT heavily patrolled by police. They know where the bikes are and prey on those areas. So, to have fun, we have to go a fair distance out of our way to get to the fun stuff.

Because of this, I'd likely be replacing the tires with the Pilot Road 2's.

Back