Re-introduction

mikeswe

I have not posted anything since the tank cam videos. Look at them because that is the last you will see of that bike, at least with me on it. Shortly after those posts I crashed the bike, a silver -06 FZ1S. I locked up the front brake and the bike slided on the left side. The bike was a -06 but it was bought brand new this year, the insurance policy is that a new bike will be replaced if the repair cost is higher than half the market value. Incredible how much damage it was for such a low speed crash, scratched fork leg, frame and swingarm plus other damage....

So after paying the insurance excess and a small deposit I now have a brand new 2008 Cobalt Blue FZ1S. The bike was delivered by van and I have not ridden a single meter on it, it will have to wait until next season.

Mods so far; the same shortening of the license plate holder as I did on the old bike, R&G frame and axle sliders (yes, first crash and THEN mount crash protection ;)), the Ohlins shock moved over from the old bike.

1298d1259241167-re-introduction-nov26002.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I'm sorry to hear about your crash but at least your okay. Not a bad deal you got. The new bike looks beautiful. I know it's gonna be hard to see it sitting there and not able to ride. That would kill me. At least you have something nice to look forward too. Good luck with it!

Back