Radar Detector on a GenII??

Has any one ever hooked a radar detector up to your bike?
I searched and found nothing, anyone?

I have a Valentine 1 that I would love to have as insurance on the bike.... Just not sure how to mount it, and where to pull power off of. The Horn?

Has any one ever hooked a radar detector up to your bike?
I searched and found nothing, anyone?

I have a Valentine 1 that I would love to have as insurance on the bike.... Just not sure how to mount it, and where to pull power off of. The Horn?

found something.........

Motorcycle Radar Detectors for sale at RadarBusters.com

you can try mounting it on the handlebar, but if the cops see you with this you're screwed!! Or you can try fixing it below the front mask, as shown in the picture of the site.......

I am running the Adaptive brand mount with my Beltronics unit. Tapped in to the left front running light and am using that power to to turn on a relay. I only used a relay because I am running a phone charger as well. I believe you could get by with using just the power off the running light to power the radar. I found a guy on Ebay that made a pigtail for the power connection of my Beltronics unit. He made it where the power on and alert LED's could be remotely mounted. Mounted the alert LED in my field of view above the instrument cluster.

The area I live and ride in is completely immersed with hidden ambushing radar jockeys even in the rural areas, so riding without protection can get very expensive. There are several options, the only place I know of that you can be ticketed for any visible radar detection or laser jamming equipment is Virginia.
Check with Radarbusters.com or Legalspeeding.com or Motorcycleradar.com
they can fix ya up.

Years ago I rode with a radar detector when not very many people had them. I gave up trying to keep ahead of the traffic cops and as more and more businesses started to use electronics the were on the same frequencies as radar the alarms got to the point that they were almost constant and it was hopeless trying to avert being detected. Now I just behave myself until I know I'm in an area where I can get my "hit of speed".

I ride w/ my V1 all the time.

Currently i have a mount that connects to my windscreen and holds the V1 securely and have a couple Powerlet jacks on the bike for power.

The problem you'll have is hearing it. You won't. You'll also need to get a Radar Screamer as well or constantly be looking down, like I do.

I'm getting a CopperDawg screen so I ordered a RAM Mount for it and will attach it to my bars from now on.

I looked at this to, the issue is mounting it, being there is no good place for it besides the handle bars where my gps sits. The wind screen does not over a place for it eather, and you have to see and hear the alerts. My cobra just came with suction cups.

If I need to get somewhere in a hurry I plug mine in. All you really need is a fused 12v outlet. Pretty easy with some dedication. You might need a custom mount for the Radar detector it self. Mine works well with just the suction cups.

Radarbike.jpg

I failed to mention that I use PowerLet connectors on my RD. Working on creating a more visible visual alert from it. LED and some electronics and I should be set. :nana:

Back