R6R shock kits for gen.1 FZ1's

Hello there:

First post on this forum. Was on the FZ1OA for eighteen years, but it is now gone. Anyway, I am the guy that sells R6R shock kits, for gen. 1's. I use low mileage R6R shocks for my kits. Said kit comes with everything you need for your bike. Shock, and dog bones. You remove your o.e.m. shock, and just bolt my kit in place. Plug n' play situation. You need to weigh at least 160, but not over 280 pounds for this shock kit to work for you.

I charge $240.00 for the complete shock kit. That includes free Priority Mail shipping, to your 48 state address. Give me shout here, or you can contact me on, 831 Three 3 two-9 four 5 eight.

I have a silver spring model shock kit, ready to go by the way. Let me know, and you all have a great day.

Dean L. Dinnetz

Yes, I do miss that forum. Being 79 years of age, one does not like change. That being said, I will enjoy this forum, as it is about FZ1's. And I own, two gen. 1 FZ1's. As I get use to this site, I hope I can be of some help, to other riders.
Thank you for your comments.

Hey Dean, as info for the masses, are you saying the spring rate you use covers 160-280lb riders or do you alter for each user's weight?

The spring rate on a R6R shock, is about 30/35% stiffer than the gen. 1 o.e.m. shock spring. With a 160 pound rider I would put the preload ramp at the lowest notch on the shock. 280 pound rider, then the preload ramp goes almost to the highest ramp setting. Same R6R spring, just matters on rider weight. And of course, I set the damping rates for the riders weigh, and use of the shock.

The R6R shocks are also, a much better shock. There are four damping settings, as opposed to three on the o.e.m. shock. The R6R shock has preload, high and low speed compression damping, and of course, rebound. These R6R shocks can really be dialed in, for a riders weigh and how they ride.

On the now gone FZ1OA site, I had sold 106 R6R shock kits, for gen. 1 FZ1's! They work, period. Never had one complaint about these shocks. Are they a $1,200.00 racing shock, no they are not. But they are, a very good, all around improvement over the o.e.m. shock.

Oh yes, all my dog bones are hand made in a friends garage, and painted with semi-black engine enamel, that is then heat cured in his stove. I can make d.b.'s for o.e.m. ride height, or d.b.'s to raise the rear of ones bike, about 3/8".

Well, I think that just about covers it. It is what I do in my retirement, for fun! Lol!

Adios

Back