R1 radial brake forks

stonesie

Ive just got some r15vy-r fork stansions .im removing the radial brake mounts ive removed the grub screws but does any one know if the legs are a press fit or a screw fit? cheers
chris.
http://

Turns out they are a screw thread ,got them off unfortunatly the R1 uses a different spindle so theres something for my xmass list !

Turns out they are a screw thread ,got them off unfortunatly the R1 uses a different spindle so theres something for my xmass list !

FINALLY!! fitted fork bottoms and springs, alot more feed back now feels more confident in corners!

PICS9007-1.jpg

Wow! You are like me, start over 3 months ago and just finished my misc projects yesterday.

What parts, other than the forks, did you have to get to make the conversion work?

BroHay

Last edited:
apart from the spindle, just the callipers im not working at the moment so i settled for some r6 radial calippers rather than the gold spot r1 ones...... after reading both manuals i fitted r1 damper ,spring ect into fz top tubes (stantions were the same) i wasnt sure about which oil gap and amount of oil to go with but ive gone with the r1 settings for now ( there is a difference in damper and spring length between r1 and fz) every thing seems fine ill post if i hit any problems......... the one thing i did notice was the amount of wear on the bushes, would have expected alot less for 30,000 miles!! they were well worn compared to the new ones!! seals were ok though! might be something for gen2 riders to keep an eye on!!!!!

Last edited:
What I want to know is what you did to your foot Chris? Thats like the second time I've seen you laid up due to injury! Were you one of those "accident prone" kids when you were small? LOL!

tasty stuff. I can't exactly understand what spindle you are talking about. Get some pictures. If R1 stem is easy to fit that will save a lot of trouble.
I managed to get one , it was the wheel spindle,the fz screws into the left leg and the r1 is clamped at both sides , cheers any way mate !!

Bought a set of damaged ones on ebay and switched the calliper mounts , ive just bought some KTM 950 super moto lc8 legs that will take the brembos

legs have arrived , i had some yokes (tripple trees ) made for a trike a few yrs ago , my mates going to open the bottom yoke out to take the ktm forks

fz1r016-1.jpg

fz1r017.jpg

fz1r021-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back