R/C Action Thread

After seeing Jlewis's ad for his r/c truck I had to post a thread about R/C. Many gearheads are also into R/C as well. It's just a normal extension of their hobby. Getting something, and making it go fast and look good. Maybe there are others here who also enjoy R/C Action. I dug up my old photos so I will start........

My first experience in R/C was this Rothmans Honda which Wayne Gardner rode back when Moto GP were running 500cc 2 Strokes. (The good old days). This baby really moves. Chain driven, sticky racing slicks, and interchangeable gearing made this a blast to run. Forgive my 80's paint job!
RCBike001.jpg

RCBike003.jpg

I moved into 4 wheels later on down the line. The first one was a OFNA Pirate10 that I bought for my son. It was a nice entry level truck that he soon became proficient at, even at only 5 years old.
MVC-003S.jpg

MVC-002S.jpg

Then I wanted to mess around on 4 wheels myself. I picked up a Kyosho FW-04 Castrol Supra. I paid almost $300.00 dollars back then, and sold it in pristine condition for $675.00! They are very hard to come by and high in demand. Never throw out your old stuff!
MVC-014S.jpg

MVC-017S.jpg

Here is the FW-04 dressed in different bodies......
MyPictures0004.jpg

Super10-4.jpg

MVC-009S.jpg

I then picked up and HPI RS4 4WD Shaft Driven Truck. It sported and O.S. Race engine as did all my cars. It also had aluminum everything! Very few plastic pieces were left in place on this truck.

MT4.jpg

MT7.jpg

After the HPI I then picked up my pride and joy. My Traxxas T-Maxx. I bought this truck used for $225.00, stripped it bare, and rebuilt it using all aftermarket parts which totalled almost $700.00 dollars. I dropped the race engine in this as well. Everything was billet aluminum. I did the paint as I did on all the cars. With the two speed automatic transmission, this baby was a wheelie monster!! It also had reverse gear controlled right from the remote. There has been I think another two generations of these trucks with bigger motors and wider diameters, but I loved this truck. In the end, I sold this truck for more than I paid. I kept all my rides in mint condition.
DCP_0068.jpg

DCP_0069.jpg

Thats Right! Even my R/C Truck had dual exhaust!
DCP_0072.jpg

DCP_0074.jpg

DCP_0077.jpg

So there you have it. The only two that remain with me is the motorcycle and my son's Pirate10. I won't sell those. So if your also into the hobby, lets see what your sportin'.

Last edited:
I got into R/C a long time ago with the good old wired controlers then I went to a wireless controler and havent looked back lol.
I have had them all but the motorcycles.I will get one next time I get a new toy.

Here are some shots of my jato in action and not.
Jato3.jpg

Jato2.jpg

Jato1.jpg

Jato.jpg

That was a good day of running.
I was doing back flips with it but my brother was on my quad at the time so he didnt get any pix of it.

It was going about 45' though the air and all it broke was a turnbuckle because it landed on the front right tire.I love all the aftermarket parts I put on it.

Sadly, I have a Venom Night Ranger Copter and cannot get it to fly correctly and gave up/lost interest. My wife bought it for me as a cool toy and almost enough spare parts to build a whole new one! If anyone is interested in making an offer on it, I can take pics and list all the parts. I only ever broke one skid and replaced that. The rest of the copter is 100%.

Here's what it looks like:
night_ranger11.jpg

Thats a shame Eric. I bet you have alot of room to fly that up there. Is that gas or electric? It looks nice. I never got into heli's. I like those tiny micro ones that you can fly indoors though.

Thats a shame Eric. I bet you have alot of room to fly that up there. Is that gas or electric? It looks nice. I never got into heli's. I like those tiny micro ones that you can fly indoors though.

I've got plenty of room just no skills. :( ;)

This one is electric and isn't a beginner at all. I have had it flying at about 5 - 10 feet off the ground. That's the easy part. The hard part is finding the hover point and landing it safely. Cannot figure it out or I just can't get it balanced right.

I'd rather have a plane that is sort of indestructible like this one (I've watched this three times, all without sound and just now noticed my name is on the damned plane! :D ):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYbVznVhLw4]YouTube - Myrtle Beach Buzzin w/ a Typhoon RC plane & Go Pro Hero Cam[/ame]

I watched that video and now I want one too!! That GoPro is just awesome. The things you can do with it. Maybe I can talk one one the Superbike guys to put my GoPro on their bike this weekend! I DOUBT IT!!

Back