Prognosis Negative

Well, I'm back from the doctor today with some wonderful news! I'm going to survive. It seems that somehow I have picked up some really nasty urinary infection. Although I have no pains or any discomfort, he found a huge amount of blood in my urine. He said that it's common in men my age. Lucky Me! He told me that 99% of the time when guys my age come down with heavy fevers and nothing else, it's almost always urinary. Well, the pee-test confirmed it so now I'm on anti-biotics for 10 days and can't go back to work until Saturday. This week's paycheck will be something to laugh at. However as my buddy Ray has told me, at least I'm alive and need to think positively. I guess he's right. Thanks pal, will do!

I don't even remember 36 anymore, it was so long ago. I will tell you one thing though, take care of yourself now (Healthy diet and exercise), or wind up like me later on. When I was 30, I had that "Healthy as an ox" mentality while I was shoveling double hamburgers and thick shakes down my throat. Not to mention the smoking too. When we're young it's so hard to listen to people when they tell you "This is bad for you" or "You gotta eat more of this". I was set in my ways coming from the era of "Eat anything you want" and "Here, have another smoke". Thats how it was when I was growing up. Less food processing and fewer diseases found in meats and poultry. Nowadays, everthing you ingest seems to have something detrimental to it.

well, I was of the healthy mentality until I was married -- all the good southern cooking has caused me to walk off the straight and narrow -- but after going on a ride (Mt. bike) I have my sights relaigned and back on the right path....

Back