Problem with new cluster faces

speedjunkie

Got my new cluster gauges from Poland today and quickly set into installing them. I figured I try installing the speedo face and see how that goes. Everything went well taking the old face off the cluster. The problem started when I transferred the little black pin that the needle rests on from my old to new. The hole for the pin on the new faces are slightly larger then the old faces. Unfortunately the pin doesn't stand up properly because of the looseness. I emailed the ebay seller asking for a possible solution but figured I try and see what my favorite boards can come up with. I thought about some crazy glue but worry it may let go with the vibration. Any suggestions are appreciated

photo1_zps125cd3f4.jpg

photo3_zpsc66a1eee.jpg

Droopy pin :(

photo2_zps17e2c7f7.jpg

Cheers

I'd try finding something like this in micro size?

rubber_hole_grommets_suppliers.jpg_220x220.jpg

oh oh, and ADOS glues dry flexible rubbery finish unlike crazy glue that sets hard.

Last edited:
Got my new cluster gauges from Poland today and quickly set into installing them. I figured I try installing the speedo face and see how that goes. Everything went well taking the old face off the cluster. The problem started when I transferred the little black pin that the needle rests on from my old to new. The hole for the pin on the new faces are slightly larger then the old faces. Unfortunately the pin doesn't stand up properly because of the looseness. I emailed the ebay seller asking for a possible solution but figured I try and see what my favorite boards can come up with. I thought about some crazy glue but worry it may let go with the vibration. Any suggestions are appreciated

photo1_zps125cd3f4.jpg

photo3_zpsc66a1eee.jpg

Droopy pin :(

photo2_zps17e2c7f7.jpg

Cheers

planning to change my gauges too... How difficult it was?

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

Back