PR2 and PP Pures?

I am currently running a Pilot Power 2CT front tire and a Pilot Road 2CT rear tire. As I figured the rear tire had a lot of life left and the front is on her way out. I do not care about the front tire going out sooner as I like having the added traction. What I am wondering about is, the PP2CT is a great front runner and has a great profile for nice quick turn in.

How would a Power Pure be in the front compared to the PP2CT? Do you think that the Pure front and Road2 would be a good combo? Or should I just get another PP2CT.

Thanks!

I am currently running a Pilot Power 2CT front tire and a Pilot Road 2CT rear tire. As I figured the rear tire had a lot of life left and the front is on her way out. I do not care about the front tire going out sooner as I like having the added traction. What I am wondering about is, the PP2CT is a great front runner and has a great profile for nice quick turn in.

How would a Power Pure be in the front compared to the PP2CT? Do you think that the Pure front and Road2 would be a good combo? Or should I just get another PP2CT.

Thanks!

I've recently fitted PR 2's to my N model. Scrubbed in now and the grip and handling has improved out of sight compared to the stock Dunlop's. My understanding is that the Power Pure is not a duel compound and will stick better but will not last as long. This is due to it not being a duel compound.
The shop selling does mainly race bikes and I was told I would not be able in hard street use to exceed the capability of the PR 2's. So after 1000km's I believe what I was told. He did not push the PR 3's - some hot weather issues with the tyres here in Australia. I also did not like all that sliced rubber for pushing out water - I don't ride in the rain unless caught out. My opinion only - lot's of good tyres out there - weigh up cost v mileage. Cost here $430 fitted and that's $100 off retail. The combo would work well but is it necessary? I worry more about rear traction than front. Cheers.:tup:

The pure is a dual compound. They basically took the softer part of the sidewall and brought it in more so instead of on the PP2CT where it is 10% of the edges being softer, on the pures 25% of the edges are softer so you have more traction at less lean angle.

The reason I don't use the PR2 front is due to its lazy turn in from being rounded vs pointy for its profile.

The PR3 is not an option for me. I do not like them at all.

Thanks for all the input guys!

That's intriguing; you are the first person I've seen who has used the PR3 and not liked it. I would be interested in what it was that let you down since I'm considering a set for when winter rolls around

I'm currently using the Power Pure's and they are great!!! The tires have great traction, they heat up fast, don't know much about durability, but as from my point of view after 3000km the tires look pretty good, and have lots of meat remaining. As far for the dual compound the mid section is a mixture of carbon fiber along with hard rubber and the sides are soft like chewing gum.

So If you were to decide what tires to put on, I would definitely recommend them.

The pure is a dual compound. They basically took the softer part of the sidewall and brought it in more so instead of on the PP2CT where it is 10% of the edges being softer, on the pures 25% of the edges are softer so you have more traction at less lean angle.

The reason I don't use the PR2 front is due to its lazy turn in from being rounded vs pointy for its profile.

Thanks for all the input guys!

Yes Papa, my error, the pure is a dual compound. I had the 190/55/17 fitted to the front instead of the 190/50/17. The profile is more "pointy" and I do not find the lean in lazy at all. Running 35psi front and 38psi rear. Cheers.

From what I have gleaned from you in your posts, I would stick with the PR2 front and back.
They are plenty grippy tyres for sport touring.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back