power loss problems, tps only going up to 91

ewertkyle

ok so i have lost power and bike is running rough at low rpms i checked coils, changed spark plugs (just passed 8000 miles) did the fuel line mod, ran sea foam through gas. checked all wire connections to pcv. i am coming up with some error codes for intake air pressure sensor, throttole position sensor, intake air temp sensor (13, 15, 22) I am ordering a service manual but i checked the tps it starts at 16 and climbs evenly up to 91. ive read that it should be 95 to 100. could this be my prolblem? is there any way of adjusting it or does it need replacment? help!

I would try to clear the codes first then ride it and see if one, two or all come back. A couple of those are not too expensive but the TPS starts to get pricey. I say this because I had false codes and after clearing them, the bike ran fine and they did not come back. I think I may have started the bike with some items unplugged when syncing the throttle bodies.

Last edited:
ok i tested the tps acording to the service manual and its out of secifications, also the intake pressure sensor is bad so thats getting replaced as well. I ordered parts from parks shark tonight hopefully this will take care of everything once they get here.

Back