Power Commander V with Auto Tuner

Looking to make a few additions to the bike soon and I'm looking into the PC V and the Auto Tuner with the Two Brothers M2 slip on. And of course the BMC and the air box mod with the Graves Velocity Stack Kit.
Has anyone hooked up the PC V with Auto Tuner and how do you like it?

Thanks in advance:america:

Doug

do a search i was on yesterday and stumbled on 1 discussion regarding the v
if i find it i'll post the link... but I believe the outcome of the story was nothing beats a custom tune.... the auto tune was allover the place because of the wideband sensor, it also mentioned that dyno jet was is being good about the issue and is going to have a replacement o2 sensor
Ivan from Rockland,, also chimed in and posted a link, let me stop here and try to find the post
FYI- 1000rr.net and R1forums, also had some issues with the PCv auto tune
bazzaz seems to have the auto tune thing down a little better

Just found it http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii/6647-ivans-performance.html
sorry I thought it was all about the V but the thread was mainly about the III
but do look at post #13 .... guess that was the one that stayed in memory

Last edited:
I had the Auto Tune on my 08 FZ1 for a little while. It was indeed all over the place, and I never could get a map settled, great power and smoothness or great gas mileage. I get all of those things from Ivan's map. I did back to back comparisons, and even ran one of his maps through it's paces with the Auto Tune, and only ended up with a bike that didn't run as well, and with worse mileage. Dustin from Dynojet did acknowledge a problem with the 02 controller, and supplied me with one from the new R6. It helped, but only marginally. The ups and downs, crazy numbers persisted. It was a waste of time and money, and I ended up selling it at a loss. Since going back to Ivan's map, I have a powerful, smooth and efficient machine again with cooler temps and no surging or hesitations. That Auto Tune was ca-razzeee. To Dynojet's credit, once I finally got in touch with Dusty, who is in management, they started really trying to help me. Well, HE did. He's a cool guy, but that thing just didn't work all that well. The 02 sensor is just affected by too many variables.

Back