Power Commander Thoughts and Reviews

Hey guys (and gals)

Was thinking about pulling the trigger on the PCIII for my 08 FZ1

but just before, was wondering if anyone had anything to say about them? I just have a slip on (Akra) and probably will remain as stock as that goes, do you think I will see a performance improvement??

Thanks in advance.

When I put a slip on, needed the pc3 to adjust fuel. When I put a full system on, the bike would NOT start without extra throttle, which I did until I was able to wrangle a new map.

I kept playing around with maps, then finally got Ivan's E map. That works big time. I have all the mods on the 06, and that E smoothes the bike nicely.

When I put a slip on, needed the pc3 to adjust fuel. When I put a full system on, the bike would NOT start without extra throttle, which I did until I was able to wrangle a new map.

I kept playing around with maps, then finally got Ivan's E map. That works big time. I have all the mods on the 06, and that E smoothes the bike nicely.

I don't think your experience was typical. Plenty of Gen II bikes out there running a slip-on (and even other small mods) w/o the need for a PC III. However, every bike is different so...

Last edited:
If you decide to go for it,,at least do the airbox mod and de-screen the filter.
noticable butt dyno improvement (ran well with Ivans map not the e-map the one before that) , smoothed out the asthma down low and power wheelied alot easier in 2nd.. but be ready to shell out a bit more on fuel
That's my experience on my 07... yours may differ

Last edited:
If your bike seems to run fine now, I'd save my money. I installed one when I put my MIVV on but really can't say it runs any better or worse for it. Your bike may very well be worth more in the future if you keep it as stock as possible and you could put a grand into engine mods and barely, if at all feel any appreciable difference. You may find other mods that willhave a more positive affect on all around performance.

I have more fun with my PC3 disconnected. Found out it will power wheelie in 2nd gear as well. And better fuel consumption by about 20 to 40ks.

Back