Penske installed

dduck

Had my penske installed and the bike handles so much better. Feels glued to the ground and turns in 100 times better. Haven't made one change to the setting pre set by traxxion dynamics.

I can't believe that it can still get that much better when I do the forks. The bike is handling so good that I may not mess with the forks for a while.

I'm trying to save up for one of those too. That is the next thing I get for the Beast. Which model did you get? And if you don't mind, what is the going rate? :nerd: :popcorn:

The Penske is a great shock and very good value too.

What I find funny is the FZ8 guys think the FZ1 shock is the cat's meow. :shame:

I know we are talking rear shock, but the 2013 FZ8 has adjustable front forks now. Telescopic fork; adjustable compression and rebound, 5.1-in travel

Rear on FZ8 - Single shock; adjustable preload and rebound damping, 5.1-in travel.

FZ1 owners think the R1 forks are the cat's meow too.

I think the cat's meow is whatever my arse is riding on because I'm more fortunate than those who cannot afford to own an FZ1. :tup: I consider myself very fortunate!

8983 from traxxion close to $900. Pricing going up soon from penske.

I called Lee to convince him to set up an Ohlins for me and he convinced me to go penske based on ride height mostly and the valving set for the spring rate rather than generic. Lee spent over an hour with me on the phone. Great customer service. He really knows the FZ, I would not go anywhere else.

Lee at Traxxion worked with me the whole way through setting up a CBR F3 shock to work on my 919. He talked me through the layout of the 919 and the suspension options I had with Ohlins and Penske and also the F3 option. I had the F3 shock shipped to them and he had it done & shipped in no time at all. Very friendly & very honest.

The shock is fantastic as well, huge improvement. All in, around $400

Lee did such a good job on my FZ1 that I went back to him when I bought my R1. If you can swing the AK20's I would highly recommend them.

Back