Painting Brake Calipers

I just don't see them as apealing, something's missing, that being said, and seeing the method to the madness here, I can see what your trying to do and can fully apreciate it, but the red looks ..............well , just not right....or too much red mabe... I think you wondered about that too, it just don't work, it's a 50/50 thing when you scrutenize the looks. An alternative to this treatment would be to get that 'colored chrome type paint that Advanced Auto or Autozone sells, the kind of tinted stuff that looks sort of candy-like. I think it would come closer to an anodized look. Of sorts. They do have it in red. Also tape the puck-plug dealies and exacto-knife cut the circle out, you need that contrast to look right. I'm sorry to be critical, but I think you will be continuing to try colors to get it right, to look sano, but still not be happy. The black looks the best of the two, but again, you need the puck deallies in their original anodized color showing to actually look trick. Stay at it, Your so close. I think I know what your looking for, and these first attempts are just a prelude to getting it right, and I know you will. I thought about it for a while, and I think the look that is trying to be accomplished is something akin to brembo calipers and the way they look. But if I remember right the 'puck dealies' are of an anodised look in gold I think. The brake caliper painted is an easy mod to do and with just paint, its cheap enough. It's a worthwile thing to while away the crummy winter days in preperation for the coming ride time.

Last edited:
Beautiful bike Billy! I really like your painted calipers and matching rim stripes. I have a blue '05 and just ordered matching blue rim stripes for it, waiting for them to arrive. I painted calipers on my cars before, but never thought to do the FZ...you inspired me man! I like your lower fairing too. I'll bet you get lots of looks with that bike!
:) PogeyBait

Back