Oxygen Sensor Eliminator and Nitro x

Hi all,

This is my first post so go easy on me please :)

I have a 2008 FZ1n standard bike. I bought an o2 sensor eliminator basically

cause it was less than £20 and promised to smooth-out my bikes throttle.

Before i pop it on, i was wondering if this (on it's own) is ok and could it

cause any damage to the engine?

Also the Nitro X fuel Commander... does anyone have any experience of this?

Many thanks... Pete

Fair point. Having said that, there must be other tight-fisted gits (like me) that have tried it? :scared0016:

Anyone got any answers about the O2 sensor eliminaor?

Thanks again... Pete

The only time I know of anyone eliminating the O2 sensor is when you installer a Power Commander.

If you remove the O2 sensor without something going in its place to help manage the fuel, it's going to run oddly. I'd be wary of that part.

If you use a eliminator plug the computer will default rich. You will need to have some sort of a programming device. You only need to disconnect the 02 sensor. I don't think I would with out a programmer. I don't think you really need to disconnect the 02 sensor or get a power commander unless you gut or install a header and change the sub throttle plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my O2 sensor eliminator from ebay. The seller stated:

"Here we have an oxygen sensor eliminator for:

FZ1 Naked and Fazer 2006-2010

The o2 sensor is an electronic device located inside the exhaust and is used to determine if the air/fuel ratio of an engine is rich or lean.
The o2 sensors of the most motorcycles are limited to catch the emission standards and in some specific throttle situations will try to lean or richen the mixture to catch the stoichometric air/fuel ratio.
This is good for the emissions but not for the performance and smoothness of the engine

Disabling the o2 sensor you will gain a vastly improved throttle response and smoother power delivery because you will have more torque available in this specific situations"

here's the link Oxygen o2 sensor eliminator Yamaha FZ1 N Fazer 06-2010 | eBay

The best way to show you how this works would be putting it on a rolling dyno and hooking a computer up to show you how the O2 switches the fueling. Really if you are looking to smooth out the bike at all RPMs a PCIII or V would be your best bet. Now if you can get the fine tuning of the O2 sensor and the PC itll be better yet. Hope that makes a little sense. Really comes down to what kinda fuel tables are programed into the bike. I have more knowledge of doing this with cars so I know I'm missing something here with the bike.

Last edited:
I bought my O2 sensor eliminator from ebay. The seller stated:

"Here we have an oxygen sensor eliminator for:

FZ1 Naked and Fazer 2006-2010

The o2 sensor is an electronic device located inside the exhaust and is used to determine if the air/fuel ratio of an engine is rich or lean.
The o2 sensors of the most motorcycles are limited to catch the emission standards and in some specific throttle situations will try to lean or richen the mixture to catch the stoichometric air/fuel ratio.
This is good for the emissions but not for the performance and smoothness of the engine

Disabling the o2 sensor you will gain a vastly improved throttle response and smoother power delivery because you will have more torque available in this specific situations"

here's the link Oxygen o2 sensor eliminator Yamaha FZ1 N Fazer 06-2010 | eBay

I would almost believe it with the exception being. You do not need a plug. You can simply disconnect the O2 plug under the tank. You do not need to buy anything to do it.

You disconnect the O2 sensor without any bypass or further modification and your dash will at the least throw off error codes.

Better let a tuning artist prep your bike instead of throwing darts and messing it up yourself.

My is disconnected and has never thrown a code. DJ no longer includes a plug because of this but if you want one for 15.00 they will sell you one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My is disconnected and has never thrown a code. DJ no longer includes a plug because of this but if you want one for 15.00 they will sell you one.

Same here. Waste of however few $.
Without freeing up the exhaust and induction and adding a decent fueling controller, totally unecessary.
If you disconnect the O2 from the fueling equation, it will no longer micro adjust for atmospheric conditions at low rpm. Can't remember the exact rpm number but somewhere above 4500rpm(someone know exactly) it goes into closed loop and doesn't follow the input from the 02 anymore. At low rpm it needs all the help it can get to keep the power delivery optimised and smooth with all the standard restrictions, to make it rideable and buyable.

Spend your hard earned on a super-fast lightning bolt sticker instead. They are so cool

Back