One Giant Step closer to the Gap trip.

Here is my trailer that my pop and I refreshed for the trip to come.
Pop took it to his house and repacked the bearings, pressure washed the whole thing and did the black paint.
He also had the tires replaced with some like new take-offs and had a spare made up. NO charge for any tires. My pop bartered a set of 4 stock wheels for the take offs and a steel spare.
When I got it home I put a fresh coat of deck stain on it. I have two whell chocks to mount and mount the spare tire.

The Truck got new shocks and I picked up new brake pads today but the day was rained out so the brakes will be done tomorrow I hope.

Pop picked himself up a new Helmet. We are getting very excited to go.
100_4083.jpg

100_4080.jpg

Nice work from both of you! Looking great! I only wish I could still go now... You two will have a TON of fun. Take lots of pics to share David! :D

Thanks. I hope to do some picture taken.

This is the trailers first make over from when I originally did it.
It was an old camper. I stripped everything And had the axil widend by 8" to bring the wheels out I welded in the fenders the used 5/4 deck board in full lenght pieces.
It has been stained I think once before but this was a complete go through for it including paint and stain.
It should be good for another 10 years. thats about how long its been give or take since I originally built it.

THese are the wheel chocks I have for it to put on. I just need to get my pops bike and mine side by side to come up with spacing and offset for the bars. I am going to stager the a bit to reduce tongue weight.
image_5313.jpg

Plus to anyone need ig a wheel chock they are on sale now for $25.00 at Harbor Freight. They are quite heavy. If I didnt think it would hold I would not have bought 2 of them.

Great work Dave! I'm loving it. It's almost here baby! Hey, I have my room for the AMA races for Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 4th and 5th. Please lets get together with you and Dad like last time. I'll buy dinner this time. McDonalds Happy Meals for everyone!!!! Haha! But seriously, that Saturday or Sunday. Maybe you can even just go on NJMP website and pick up some tickets and come see it with us. I promise you'll have a blast. If you want you can all stay in my room as there will be two double beds. We'll just pack everyone in! Let me know if you can make it. I'd love to see you down there.

We could prolly meet up again one of the two days. I dont think we would have a overnighter in us. And You know Micky D's is fine with us. It all about the visit..

When Are you heading to the gap? We are thinking of leaving on Sat early. staying through Wed. My pop wants to see some of his family on the way back.

We could prolly meet up again one of the two days. I dont think we would have a overnighter in us. And You know Micky D's is fine with us. It all about the visit..

When Are you heading to the gap? We are thinking of leaving on Sat early. staying through Wed. My pop wants to see some of his family on the way back.

Just kidding about the Micky D's, you guys are worth more to me than a Big Mac! Yeah, we are leaving Saturday morning as well. Not sure about time right now but I'm an early bird so hopefully I'll be out on the road at first light.

No problem with the races. Whichever day is good for you will be fine with me. Richie and I will be driving down in the car this year because we are only going for the two days and not the entire three. Maybe the same like last time, Saturday afternoon. You let me know whats good for you. Thanks buddy! Can't wait to see you guys!

If your leaving out Sat would you want to hook up to caravan? We could help out if needed. You will be comming right by me I think. you would come through Jersey.

If your leaving out Sat would you want to hook up to caravan? We could help out if needed. You will be comming right by me I think. you would come through Jersey.

Now thats a great idea! We will coordinate with you guys and have ourselves a CONVOY! 10-4! We'll talk as it gets nearer. I'm looking for that white marking stuff because I want to write "Deals Gap Or Bust" on my rear window. Where can you get that from?

Are you driving alone? if so then it would be good to wingman each other down. Plus if you want to lighten your load I can carry some of your stuff. Cooler or what not to help out. I know it dont take much to get weighted down when traveling. But I sure can help.

Now thats a great idea! We will coordinate with you guys and have ourselves a CONVOY! 10-4! We'll talk as it gets nearer. I'm looking for that white marking stuff because I want to write "Deals Gap Or Bust" on my rear window. Where can you get that from?

i dont know. Ask any 2010 graduate where they all just got it. LOL

Are you driving alone? if so then it would be good to wingman each other down. Plus if you want to lighten your load I can carry some of your stuff. Cooler or what not to help out. I know it dont take much to get weighted down when traveling. But I sure can help.

I'm actually trailering down mine and Tony's bikes. He will be my co-pilot for the trip down and back. By that time my Cutlass will be sporting MOOG Cargo Springs, Gabriel Coil Over H.D. Shocks, and MOOG Rear Control Arm Bushings. I should be able to carry a circus elephant after this upgrade!!! I'm thinking two bikes and two suitcases plus tools. I think it shouldn't be too bad. If not I could probably dump my luggage in the back of your trailer if need be. We'll see. Thanks.

I'm actually trailering down mine and Tony's bikes. He will be my co-pilot for the trip down and back. By that time my Cutlass will be sporting MOOG Cargo Springs, Gabriel Coil Over H.D. Shocks, and MOOG Rear Control Arm Bushings. I should be able to carry a circus elephant after this upgrade!!! I'm thinking two bikes and two suitcases plus tools. I think it shouldn't be too bad. If not I could probably dump my luggage in the back of your trailer if need be. We'll see. Thanks.

Welp you guys are welcomed to lighten up. I actually have a hard bed cover on my truck so it should stay dry and safe.

Dave that trailer is looking good. Should have no trouble taking the two bikes down at all. Only other thing I can think of that you need are additional eyelet hooks on the sides to tie down the bikes.

As for a route since I'm up here in North Jersey I was thinking we were going to just take 78 West to 81 South. Sure as hell don't want to do 95 South to get there! What route where you guys planning?

Dave that trailer is looking good. Should have no trouble taking the two bikes down at all. Only other thing I can think of that you need are additional eyelet hooks on the sides to tie down the bikes.

As for a route since I'm up here in North Jersey I was thinking we were going to just take 78 West to 81 South. Sure as hell don't want to do 95 South to get there! What route where you guys planning?

You know your right "T". They are down by exit 2 I believe. Maybe we can meet out west of Jersey. I'd have to look at the map to see. Yeah, we are definitely doing 78 to 81. Maybe they can go west and hit 81 and then we can coordinate a meeting spot.

Back