oil level sensor 2005 fzs1000 fazer

tytyty

had an oil leak coming from the oil level sensor, replace o-ring? Was thinking just buying a new one and re wiring it just to be safe plus liquid sealant on the bolts for the sensor and oil pan.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Were you able to see exactly where the leak was? If it was coming from the bolts, I'd be concerned about "why" as that should not be happening if everything is mated/sealed correctly. If you do, be very judicious with your use! I've had multiple (bad) experiences of "sealant overuse" causing issues on bikes I've bought...

had an oil leak coming from the oil level sensor, replace o-ring? Was thinking just buying a new one and re wiring it just to be safe plus liquid sealant on the bolts for the sensor and oil pan.

Good chance it's the o-ring. Unless the body of the sensor is cracked it seems unlikely to be necessary to replace it.

Verify that this area is actually the source of the leak though. Oil can collect in areas that make it appear to be leaking but is coming from somewhere else. It can be necessary to wipe it all down and use powder to figure out the actual path.

Verify that this area is actually the source of the leak though. Oil can collect in areas that make it appear to be leaking but is coming from somewhere else. It can be necessary to wipe it all down and use powder to figure out the actual path.

Good point! I thought that's where mine was leaking, only to find out it was worse... much, much worse... :(

Back