Not your typical R6!

NJFZ1

Man this bike must really be fun...modern handling with 2-stroke power band :drools:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's another shot showing what appears to be some sort of digital dash. Too bad it's off. Would love to hear a clip of this thing running ;)

attachment.php

That's an RZ 500, v4 2 stroke. Very rare and even more so here in the states, that's a big money bike right there

Yes, but it's been grafted onto an R6 frame so you get the V4 2-stroke power with modern handling :)

And I agree about big money to duplicate. I don't know any details about the bike, but given other builds I have seen I would guess it would take at least $20-25k to duplicate this bike...it would be well worth it for the smile it would put on your face every time you rode it :D

Yes it's a work of art, there are some other great projects on that site as well.

I'm keeping mine standard I prefer the contrast with a modern bike. You don't have to go quite as fast to get a thrill from riding it, modern bikes are just too good sometimes.

Steve

Yes it's a work of art, there are some other great projects on that site as well.

I'm keeping mine standard I prefer the contrast with a modern bike. You don't have to go quite as fast to get a thrill from riding it, modern bikes are just too good sometimes.

Steve

Oh I totally agree. I have actually been bitten by the 2-stroke bug myself and I'm looking for a nice RZ350. I would love an RZ500, but here in the US a nice one has become very expensive from what I have seen.

Oh I totally agree. I have actually been bitten by the 2-stroke bug myself and I'm looking for a nice RZ350. I would love an RZ500, but here in the US a nice one has become very expensive from what I have seen.

They sure are. I checked CraigsLook today after seeing this thread and the going rate is currently $4,500 for a 350. I paid $1,200 for mine back in the day. They weren't much cheaper this summer...

That said I've seen some good deals on very nice, stock RD400s, not Daytonas but the regular ones. They are about $1,200 to $1,800.

They sure are. I checked CraigsLook today after seeing this thread and the going rate is currently $4,500 for a 350. I paid $1,200 for mine back in the day. They weren't much cheaper this summer...

That said I've seen some good deals on very nice, stock RD400s, not Daytonas but the regular ones. They are about $1,200 to $1,800.

Yea, $4500 will get you a pretty nice RZ350 and mint ones are fetching over $5000. I haven't been able to find a decent one close to me yet. Not in a hurry, but would be nice to have one by next Spring/Summer.

A good friend of mine has a prestine kenny roberts rd350:eek5:

Yea, and he probably will never sell it. I have seen a few nice ones around, but always far from me :(

I'm actually still kicking myself for missing out on a nice RD500 (red/black) this past Summer. Guy was willing to let it go for $7k, but it was sold by the time I had a chance to go look at it (was about 2 hours away).

My last day working as a Yam mechanic was to uncrate and service my RZ350. I attended the Yam dealer's show at the Superdome in '83 and about shat myself when KR wheelie'd one across the stage.

I was offered $5500 for mine during Bike Week at Daytone in '96 iirc. I prob should have taken the offer, but it was early in the week, weather was beautiful and it was my only ride.

RZ350.jpg

Has diff/better pipes on it now....

Back