Noisy Front Folks

Animal

I have a FZ1 FAZER 2011, the front forks at slow ridding make a knocking noise, Yamaha say this is normal on this model, has anyone else had this?

Last edited:
Thanks for that, but this is Yamaha uk that are saying it's normal.

When I'm going at 30mph over small bumps it sounds like the headlight is rattling, and with the bike on centre stand pushing up and down on the front end there is a knocking as the forks fully extend...

Suggestions please.

Thanks for that, but this is Yamaha uk that are saying it's normal.

When I'm going at 30mph over small bumps it sounds like the headlight is rattling, and with the bike on centre stand pushing up and down on the front end there is a knocking as the forks fully extend...

Suggestions please.

Ive noticed the same thing on my 2010 Fazer, I thought it was the brake pads rattling in the calipers?

Steve

My 2010 does exactly the same (25k on the clock) I thought it was normal, as my last 2 yams did that too. :what:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I have a FZ1 FAZER 2011, the front forks at slow ridding make a knocking noise, Yamaha say this is normal on this model, has anyone else had this?
My 2008 also did this when I first purchased it second hand,I increased the preload in the forks by 1 line which I wanted to firm up anyway, never noticed it since,I believe this has been talked about before,check the site out for old post`s

I've got the same noise, like something is clanging, when I roll it in and out of the garage although I don't hear anything when riding. I've learned to ignore it.

Hey Animal are you still getting the knocking noise. I have the same and i know its the pads moving in the calipers, changed the pads and the springs, but no change, tried bending the springs to hold the pads in place tighter but only temporarily fixed it. Did you sort yours out?

Luke

Back