Noise after key is removed= Drained battery

Soo I'm not 100% sure but one day after a ride I came home, removed they key and heard a humming noise. Sounded like something electrical was still running. I didn't investigate it as I was worried, so I put the key back in cycled the ignition. Removed the key and no more hum.

So my bike has drained the battery twice so far and I cannot figure out why. Maybe the humming started again and drained my battery? Is this a common issue? Do you guys know what it is? How to fix? Would it have thrown a code?

I checked my battery and its good. 12.8 w/o key. 12.5 ignition on. 13.5 bike on. 14.6 revved to 3k

Only mod is a slip on. SHe's a 2010

thx guys

That's a strange one. I guess you'd have to try and replicate the problem and do some troubleshooting

Good luck

I was hoping you guys have heard this. I'm gonna make it a thing now to put my ear close to the bike after I cut the ignition and see if I hear that noise and pin point it.

I've never heard of this before. It sounds like there may be a short somewhere. Could it be the Exup Servo is stuck?

Hmmm. How do I check if it is getting stuck?

I dunno, I'm the second owner. The battery is a Yuasa Ytz14s
I did check the battery like I said and it seemed fine

How did you check it? It needs to be load tested to see if it's got a bad or weak cell. 12.5v with the key on is actually right on the low end of normal, I believe.

A bad battery can cause all kinds of strange issues. What's the date on the battery? It may well be the original. You can take it to any auto shop to have it load tested.

I ran the codes and found this. I cleared the code. What is this, should I be worried, and do I fix this?

I looked up the codes and found these 2
30 - Cylinder-#1 ignition coil Actuates the cylinder-#1 ignition
or
30 - Lean angle sensor (latch up detected)

Last edited:
Soo I'm not 100% sure but one day after a ride I came home, removed they key and heard a humming noise.

Radiator fan? If the engine is running hot because of warm weather and slow driving, the radiator fan may continue spinning for a minute even after shutting down the engine. However it should not drain the battery.

The fan should stop when the ignition is turned off (they do in UK anyway) always the possibility of a short circuit of course ,, I would think either the exhaust servo is jamming , (lift riders seat its behind tank),,,, must admit on a hot day I can get humming from the tank area ,appears to be venting !,

This might sound a bit stupid but at least on my 2010 model after the steering lock there's one more position to turn on parking lights, are you sure you didn't switch it to that without knowing? It could be the cause for the drained battery.

Back