No more popping and gurgling!

That sucks

OMG these bolts are a royal pain to get to. Taking off the radiator, tank and airbox do NOT make it any easier. I am so frustrated right now I am just going to have to take a few days to get to them. taking my time.

Sorry to hear that Brad. Better to let it sit, than work on it when your P.O'd though. Take pictures so that you grief can have a positive. The plates are on my to do list at some point. I like the idea of getting the un neccesary clutter off the bike and to make essential maintenance easier. Sounds like you might need a specialty tool or two. A trip to the tool store usually calms me when I'm angry, it' a guy thing I guess. or this;:beer:

OMG these bolts are a royal pain to get to. Taking off the radiator, tank and airbox do NOT make it any easier. I am so frustrated right now I am just going to have to take a few days to get to them. taking my time.

Well mine were already on the bike when I got it, but I can see what you mean. I think it's one of those jobs where you just have to do a little everyday until you're done or you get really frustrated with it.

Brad, it helps if you get all of the tubing and the AIS valve out first. The radiator can be unbolted and simply lowered carefully to create a bit more room. Then, it really helps to have some slim ratchets. Hope you can get them off without much more hassle!

Boy the days not far off..... you know which one I mean.... One day it's going to be shiny and dry, and for some warm, and then there may only be one or two posts on FZ1forum over the whole weekend.....if you know what I mean

Brad, it helps if you get all of the tubing and the AIS valve out first. The radiator can be unbolted and simply lowered carefully to create a bit more room. Then, it really helps to have some slim ratchets. Hope you can get them off without much more hassle!

Yeah, already unhooked the radiator and moved it off to the side a bit. Got the tube off the left and the tube that goes up to the air box (the real reason you need to take the air box off). I do need to see if I can find some allen wrenches that would make this a bit easier. I have a set with the rounded ends but they are all way to long.

I was messing around for 2 hours yesterday and still do not have the first bolt out. I can only get less than a 1/4 turn each time on the bolt.

I will get it done by the weekend. I just need to take it easy and go slow.

I still cannot figure out how to get the pump off. It appears to be mounted from above.

I could never hear this pop, are you near sea level?

We had our mod fest in NH today. Four riders were here with three bikes torn down.

On my FZ1, I did the AIS block-off and the LARS airbox mod but didn't reroute any cables. Now, I didn't have a marble to stuff in the tubing but you know what else fits? An electrical wire nut. :D I moved the clamp down the tubing, stuffed the nut in small end first, then packed it with silicone and let it cure. I clamped it back onto the airbox after cutting out the base plate holding the snorkel and smoothing all the edges.

After putting it all back together, the shakedown run was great! No more popping, no more gurgling on deceleration. Once in a while, if I backed off then snapped the throttle, it would give one loud pop but that is easily controllable. This will have to do until I get a PC V and load a good map.

The other two bikes modded were both FZ6's with one doing an airbox mod and the other putting in Racetech 1.0 KG springs and 15w fork oil. Those both went without any trouble at all. Those springs and oil really planted the front end on that FZ6 nicely. Now the rear feels too soft so he is off to see about a rear spring and heavy oil for that issue. :D

All in all, a prefect day with some very successful work! :Rockon:

Back