NJMP Sept 22,23 and 24 2012

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
I'll be at NJMP al next weekend and Monday to boot. Renee my wife will attend TPM's ART1 class and hopefully be fast enough to not be a danger. If any one from here wants to stop in, TPM has a try the track program. Basically at lunch the will let you follow a control rider around for a few laps. I'll have the ZX and the Hawk so you would be welcome to try either one.

I'm waiting to hear from Brian first to see what day or days he'll be there. I'm looking to ride down probably Saturday with the YZF to run a few laps on the track at lunchtime. Gonna bring the GoPro with me.

I'll be at NJMP al next weekend and Monday to boot. Renee my wife will attend TPM's ART1 class and hopefully be fast enough to not be a danger. If any one from here wants to stop in, TPM has a try the track program. Basically at lunch the will let you follow a control rider around for a few laps. I'll have the ZX and the Hawk so you would be welcome to try either one.

on my way....:woot:

damn, just checked google earth and a bit too far out for me, damn lolup

on my way....:woot:

damn, just checked google earth and a bit too far out for me, damn lolup

Too bad your only joking. It would be a hell of a lot of fun to do a day with ya Den!!!

I do have one of our newer members joining in on Sunday. Mudsurfer will be running his FZ so I hope to get some pics of a FZ running around Thunderbolt.

Pete I'm putting in the work. I've tried to mix it up with different tracks and try to improve on technique, feel, lines and control. I hve been inching along and try not to treat every trackday like its my last ever. Slow and steady and try to avoid incidents. I'm in that grey area were I'm one of the faster guys in intermediate and at thunderbolt running consistant times faster that are faster than the lower lower end of advanced. I know Tbolt well at this pointt so my goal for the 3 days is working on later breaking points and trail braking deeper and smoother. Hopefully by monday I'll either be on the brakes or on the gas.

Hope your season comes around soon and I hope PJ gets that R1 out sometime soon.

Last edited:
Cool. I've got the R6 back together and I'd like to get in a couple of track days before year end. I'll start slow as I'll be learning new tracks.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

It was a crazy three days. Had the whole fam on Saturday. This made me focus more on the pit stuff and making every one happy and not enough attention on my riding. I was distracted enough that I had forgotten to change out of my cotton boxers before putting my leathers on for the day. Yeah I know a few of yo know the outcome to that mistake. I was on par with my better lap times that I have run at NJMP. Sunday was painful. I had a hard time moving around because of my previously mentioned mistake, plus 2 seconds a lap the whole day. Monday morning my situation cleared up. I was finally all alone and ready to focus on riding. I had the Hawk there and decided to use it for the chill morning warm up. Why not I felt like riding slower until the track had some heat in it. 3 laps in and I find my self sliding across the pavement and tumbling into the grass:doh2:. Luckily I was taking it easy but I guess not easy enough for the front to stick. Only some minor damage to the Hawk and a bruised ego for myself. I was off my game for most of the day. the last 2 sessions I pulled myself together and started to ride with confidence again. I managed to get my times back to were I started the weekend at.

Some pics and a short video to come.

Glad you were not hurt and sorry about the Hawk. At least you were able to regain your confidence the same day, I know when I had my mishaps last season it really bothered me until early this year when I was able to get a good track day in to regain my confidence out there on the track.

Looking forward to seeing your pics and video.

Johny damn!! now you too?
Glad that you're not hurt (I'm still limping with my right foot) and sorry for the bike....

I've had some serious discussions with my better half = wife related to trackriding.
A compromis is now on the table that I'll pass a season in 2013 (but will still provide trackday course sessions to track novices), see if I can sell the Gixxer off, buy a new bike end 2013 and prep the FZ1 for trackdays 2014....:sport12:

Man, sorry to hear about the spill. Glad you're okay. Hopefully the Hawk isn't too bad off. Usually that bike crashes well.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Some pics.

Me on the Hawk just before crashing it :(
RB8_6631.jpg

Renee on the Hawk on Saturday.
RB8_2416.jpg

RB8_1543.jpg

RB8_1497.jpg

My buddy Matt and I playing tag. He's right on my tail.
RB8_4208.jpg

RB8_0161-1.jpg

RB8_3412.jpg

Back