NJMP July 6, 2013 TPM video and July 13/14 2012 at NYST

Well, here's another video of Thunderbolt but this time I'm on a GSXR 750 which was a lot easier to handle than the CBR1000RR so the times were a lot better.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9uJVcbRna4]NJMP THUNDERBOLT GSXR750 - YouTube[/ame]

I will be out at NYST with the wife and riding in the beginner group and I think JOTR will be there in intermediate as well with his wife on July 13/14 if anyone wants to tag along. I'll help walk you through tech and get you everywhere you need to be if it's your first time.

Since this will be my first time at NYST I figured I'd offer help to anyone who is on the fence but lives up there and just needs someone to go with for that extra motivation.

Ride safely.

b

They do a "try the track" at lunch time, so you will definitely be able to get on the track.

How far is Davenport from you?

It's a solid three hours buddy. I may leave at 5:30am and do a 1/2 hour stop in Kingston before cutting through the Catskills. We'll see how I feel Friday night. If I'm not up to it I'll just drive the car. Gotta check the weather reports.

Brian, Its going to be a awesome weekend. Saturday morning I'll be the tire guy for TPM and riding in the afternoon. This is going to be a epic weekend.Renees R6 is ready as well. Watching your video you are ready for a bump. Ride white to get use to the track in the morning then ask for a eval. I know some of the coaches up there so if you dont I will! The only thing I saw I would change on your vid is some early turn ins and apexes. Other than that you lines are nice and tight. Have some other simple tips that are going to take a boat load of time off your laps for ya as well.

Billy you will have a choice of a bunch of bikes for the track if you dont want to take the Thunder Ace out.

Billy, we have a room out there if you want to crash with us as well on Friday or Sat nights.

John, I asked for an eval at NJMP and they said fine for yellow but red not yet. Can you believe that? I was shocked. Coach said my lines were still a little inconsistent.

I know I'm turning in too soon in a few places, but I'm CONSISTENTLY turning in too soon! :)

HA!

NYST one mind glowingly amazing track with the worst paddock ever conceived. I'll have some video up in the next day or two but it wont do the track justice.

My sentiments exactly! The track in my opinion gets an "A", but everything else, and I mean everything else, gets a solid "D". Now I know the track is brand new but come on people!, You had to have thought about uh, Parking, Spectators, Signage, Grandstand, etc. Just about every inch of Paddock is on some sort of incline. You are constantly walking upwards to anywhere in the facility. Talk about off camber! You feel like you've drank too much beer when you walk around there! This track will always be only a "Trackday" track and nothing more unless they clear out another 100 or so acres of land. If your actually doing the trackday it's fine for now but if you want to just spectate, forget it. Don't even bother making the trek. Save your gas and tolls and go to NJMP.

This is the view from the paddock looking upward towards the concessions, bathrooms, etc. You have to walk this hill every time you need to go up for something.

IMG_0760 by billyramirez41968, on Flickr

I swear this was holding the camera as level as possible. I purposely took this shot so you could see how "off camber" absolutely everything is there. When you shut off your bike you had better have it in gear! Oh, and just try and get it up on a rear stand without help, good luck!

IMG_0771 by billyramirez41968, on Flickr

Here's our very own JohnnyOnTheRocks hard at work. I felt bad for him that day. He really broke his butt with a very uncooperative tire machine.

IMG_0868 by billyramirez41968, on Flickr

Now for the good parts. Turn 18 onto the front straight with Johnny on point.

IMG_0957 by billyramirez41968, on Flickr

IMG_0921 by billyramirez41968, on Flickr

IMG_0936 by billyramirez41968, on Flickr

Brian (Blavenia) on the Gixxer, and his wife Michele on her Ducati Monster coming out of turn 18.

IMG_0984 by billyramirez41968, on Flickr

Johnny's wife Renee on her R6 on the same turn.

IMG_0976 by billyramirez41968, on Flickr

IMG_0970 by billyramirez41968, on Flickr

Okay, so I'm not gonna badmouth the entire facility. As I said the track itself gets a solid "A". I got a lap on it and was in love. Super high speed straightaway, and then followed by a lot of twists, turns, and elevation changes. Here is my video of the lap I got to do on Brian's Gixxer 750.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exe6DF3NLg4]NY Safety Track Sighting Lap - YouTube[/ame]

some video. I really struggled with this track but I do love it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHJGxlkqtbI]NYST 7/14/2013 Red Group Last Session - YouTube[/ame]

Here's some video on board the GSXR in White Group. There were definitely some very difficult sections out there, right John?

Billy, I have to agree about the facility, but it was fun to ride and I'm glad you made the trip anyway! Always good to see you and you can take my bike (whichever one I have at the time) for a lunch lap anytime! :)

Last Session Brian NYST Uptown July 14 2013 - YouTube

Here's my video, and also a video of Michelle riding on the Ducati while I was filming her from behind.

Michelle riding NYST Filmed From Behind - YouTube

Back