Nicky Hayden

Ducati offered Cal Cructhlow a ride next year. Him and Valentino next year or Nicky and Cal if Rossi leaves? That's why I ask if Nicky would do well in WSK. Seems like Ducati is kicking him to the curb even though he is doing better than Rossi.

well, with Stoner gone...

it'd be a true 180 for Nicky to get back on a Honda... might be what he needs

I'll have to admit, I'm tired of hearing Rossi complain about Duc, while Nicky blames the tires when pressed for an answer (we all know it's the bike, they all ride on the same tires), yet Nicky has been holding his own or at least being a bit ahead of Rossi...

ah, just rambling ;)

Pasted his used by date IMO, he will end up being at the back of the que with Hopkins in WSB. WSB aint no 2nd-rate championship these days if you dont pull finger you wont cut the mustard there have been more failure from GP to WSB than the other way these days. He will prob take some development CRT ride and ride around with Edwards, retire with dignity.

Last edited:
well, with Stoner gone...

it'd be a true 180 for Nicky to get back on a Honda... might be what he needs

I'll have to admit, I'm tired of hearing Rossi complain about Duc, while Nicky blames the tires when pressed for an answer (we all know it's the bike, they all ride on the same tires), yet Nicky has been holding his own or at least being a bit ahead of Rossi...

ah, just rambling ;)

Shit i almost fell off me chair laughing, Hayden to replace Stoner on a factory Honda.

Rossi in 07

ah, just rambling ;)

In 07 I asked a young man in a Florence, Italy leather shop, "Do Italians ride Ducatis? I am going to tour the factory in three days." His reply was, "We ride what Rossi rides." He said it did not matter what he rides, "as long as it is the same as Rossi."

Hayden spent quite a few years on Honda's best machinery and only has one Motogp championship to show for it and lets be honest he only won a few races that year ( 3 I think ). He got lucky with other riders crashing out of races fighting for the win while he was consistent back in 3rd-4th place most of the time.
I like Nicky, seems like a good guy, team player and hard worker but he always seemed to struggle even when on top equipment. He's a younger Colin Edwards.
WSB would probably be a much more successful place for him look at all the former GP riders that had limited success in GP that do well in WSB...Checa, Biaggi,Haga. Melandri and so on.

CORRECTION : Hayden only won 2 races in his championship year 2006. He only has 3 career wins in his motogp career, one win in 2005.

Last edited:
I think WSBK is becoming a better championship than MotoGP.

I think Hayden would take a season to settle on a Superbike and then would be awesome.

I hope he stays in MotoGP. It is the best bikes and best riders, and he has earned his spot. To say that he is just "ok" when he has been in the top 10 since he has been there in my opinion wouldn't be correct. All the riders at that level are top notch. I was blessed to be a corner worker on Rainey corner at Laguna Seca in 2005 and got to see everybody come through the cork screw for 4 days. All the best riders in the world, and I was already a Nicky fan, but that day elevated my fan status for him and his brothers.

rogerlarry.jpg

Last edited:
Back