Next Yamaha Project???

Hellgate

Well slight change of course...the motor is getting dropped and rebuilt by the shop the same shop that did the XV motor.

Pretty much a stock rebuild. Next size over on the pistons, mill head, transfer port match, slight timing port change, stock rebuild on the bottom end.

I figure it will be done in 6 to 9 months.

Hellgate

Today is moving day. I fired the movers at 11.

They were 3 hours late didn't apologize or anything. I returned the truck and trailer to U Haul.

Call a place that gave us a quote a month ago. Tomorrow is now the move.

Last edited:

Dustin

Today is moving day. I fired the movers at 11.

They were 3 hours late didn't apologize or anything. I returned the truck and trailer to U Haul.

Call a place that gave us a quote a month ago. Tomorrow is now the move.
Wow. Guess they didn't want to make money that day

Hellgate

The guys today kicked ass and loaded the whole house in 4.5 hours. Total professionals. Amazing.

Bikes are tucked in safe and sound too.

Hellgate

First update in 15 months!

I spoke with the motor builder yesterday and the motor is torn down. Indeed the main crank bearing is toast, and pistons are scored. So much for the POs new top end.

We discussed the build. Only OEM parts and logical tweeks, nothing radical. Mill the head, next size over, match the transfer ports, refine the exhaust port timing. Otherwise 1988, Canadian bone stock.

No ETA yet as we are still researching buying a new Banshee crank vs rebuilding OEM one. The cost is about the same.

Last edited: