Newbie Here from NY

I just wanted to say hi to everyone on the forum. I am new to this site but not a stranger to forums. The name here is Billy and I live in NY. I got rid of my 05' Honda Spirit 750 in October and picked up a beautiful 01' FZ1000. I have been having the absolute time of my life since then. This is my 6th bike which I have owned in my 46 years. I started out small way back in the 80's with a Honda Rebel 250. Shortly thereafter I sold the Honda and bought a 1985 Suzuki GS550E in 1987. After needing more power, I picked up a GXer 750 in 1990. My first real sportbike. I had a ball with that bike until it was stolen from in front of my house. What really hurt was that it was the absolute first and only time I left the bike out front. I came home late and was too lazy to put it in the back yard. Lesson learned. I took some time off from riding during the late 90's and got back into it after purchasing a 150cc scooter back in 03. The fever came back relatively quickly and sold the scoot and picked up the 05' Honda Spirit. I had a great time on that bike but the old back isn't what it used to be. I couldn't get used to the forward controls. The NY roads didn't help much either so after careful planning I was fortunate enough to find my black beauty. Say goodbye to the backaches! I have ridden this bike for hours at a time and hop off feeling like the energizer bunny. The FZ is virtually mint in every aspect. The previous owner was meticulous to say the least as there was not a piece of dirt to be found anywhere on this bike. It runs like new as well. I hope to be able to learn a lot about the FZ here and to meet new friends as well as being able to help out others with there problems. Enough with the babbling now. Here is a couple of pics of my new ride. Have a great night, Billy.

dcp_4261.jpg

HUDSONFZ1BILLY1_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back