Newb here.

Been riding 35 years. Had a bunch of cool and some not so cool bikes since the 70s, most recently had an 08 R6 that I loved but hated riding due to aggressive riding position (I am getting old and old men look silly on a sport bike anyway). Traded it for a new FZ6R and enjoyed it for a few years even though I always felt it under powered. Sold it and bought a Ninja 250 for $500 from a pal. Talk about under powered. (I know I went backwards to the starter bike!)

Anyway I came across this 2013 FZ1 made an offer, they took it, and I am now an owner! This bike is crazy fast but quite manageable. I test rode a torquey FZ-09 and it was a wheelie machine, that is not my style and to be honest it intimidated me a bit. (Give me a break, I am used to riding a 250)

I really like the smooth linear power delivery of the FZ1 a lot more and I am really happy with my purchase. Maybe in 10 years I will get a cruiser and sit on a slow two wheeled lazyboy chair but for now I still like "spirited" riding.

It is the dark metallic blue and has 6,000 miles. Look forward to some flush mount signals and fender eliminator, then I will start research on if I want to do exhaust.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum. Post up some pics of your bike when you get a chance. The 2013 model is a pretty sorted bike and I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. They have good power especially past 7k rpm.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum! You chose a fantastic do-it-all bike and you're sure to be happy for years to come. As ballmead says, post photos!

Welcome and congrats of the purchase! I have the same year/color myself and this is my second one, the first being an '09 in the same color.

You are correct, this bike can be very tame or very aggressive depending on your right hand. Your first and maybe only complaint will be the (lack of) fuel economy. This bike just isn't built for that, but it is built for just about any type of riding you'll want to enjoy. If you go the way of an exhaust, consider an airbox mod, AIS delete and a Power Commander... and if you go that far, you may as well have Ivan flash the ECU to end the throttle-cut and remove all the restrictions. You'll think you bought a whole new bike once you experience his flash!

Post some photos, we'd like to see the beast!

Also, if you are interested, I have a seat set from France (See the example rider seat in my sig photo) and a double bubble smoked windshield available....

Ride safe!

Thanks fro the welcome fellas. Just got home from training now it is ride time.

Here is a pic. All stock, already ordered frame sliders and a few more goodies.

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 49
Back