New Trailer Decking

Okay this isn't FZ related but it's a project I've needed to do.

I've got the folding Harbor Freight cheap'o trailer but I love the thing. It's light, folds up out of the way, was cheap, and makes it possible to not own a truck.

When I built it up I was hustling to get ready for a track day that was three states and about 1,400 miles away. In addition to packing for a long road trip, prepping the bike, I had to build the trailer. Long story short I just slapped down some plywood and off I went. Well 18 months later the wood is looking bad as I didn't paint it or weather proof it in any way. So this weekend I put down some nice .704 inch plywood, used new 5/16" hardware, and painted it with left over exterior primer. The results are breathtaking. :shine:

I've also removed the wheel chock and I'm using my Baxley Sport Chock instead.

View attachment 4717

View attachment 4718

View attachment 4719

Okay this isn't FZ related but it's a project I've needed to do.

I've got the folding Harbor Freight cheap'o trailer but I love the thing. It's light, folds up out of the way, was cheap, and makes it possible to not own a truck.

When I built it up I was hustling to get ready for a track day that was three states and about 1,400 miles away. In addition to packing for a long road trip, prepping the bike, I had to build the trailer. Long story short I just slapped down some plywood and off I went. Well 18 months later the wood is looking bad as I didn't paint it or weather proof it in any way. So this weekend I put down some nice .704 inch plywood, used new 5/16" hardware, and painted it with left over exterior primer. The results are breathtaking. :shine:

I've also removed the wheel chock and I'm using my Baxley Sport Chock instead.

View attachment 4717

View attachment 4718

View attachment 4719

Awesome. Can you get me a shot of it folded?

Linky dinky to trailer page: Folding Trailer, 48

Action shots!!!

1) Remove Rear Bolts

View attachment 4720

2) Remove from cotter pins

View attachment 4721

3) Fold back half on to front half

View attachment 4722

4) Fold back half on to front half

View attachment 4723

5) Zip tie halfs together

View attachment 4724

6) Zip tie halfs together

View attachment 4725

7) Lift! Bend with the knees and watch the tongue as it swings down. Rock up onto casters.

View attachment 4726

8) Folded up

View attachment 4727

9) Nice house shoes huh? Where's my Bushmill's???

View attachment 4728

10) Born Killer

View attachment 4729

I just pray you don't use that work of art and get it dirty. :p

Now go out there and spill some oil, throw some tools here and there , add some empty liquor bottles and hang some umbrella girl posters about to personalize that man cave.

That is certainly a nice little trailer for the money. And I'm sure being so light just about any car can tow it. I was considering this single rail trailer for next year, but after seeing the price of yours I may have to explore other options ;)

I just pray you don't use that work of art and get it dirty. :p

Now go out there and spill some oil, throw some tools here and there , add some empty liquor bottles and hang some umbrella girl posters about to personalize that man cave.

Obviously you haven't seen the inside of the recycling bin!

I got the one that doesn't fold up. I love that little trailer but i need to weather proof mine stuff too. It lives in the garage so it's all right for now.
12310008.JPG

12310004.JPG

I've since added a tail gate.

Question for you Hellgate. Is yours the 1175 lbs payload one with 12" rims?

Do you think we can squeeze 2 FZ1s on there?

Yes, that is the one I have.

It would be a very tight fit. I've had my FZ1 on it and it "fills" the trailer out vs. the R6 or my old 1125R.

I think you could do two FZ1s if they were pointed opposite ways, maybe.

The key is being able to get a nice angle with the tie-downs.

Yes, that is the one I have.

It would be a very tight fit. I've had my FZ1 on it and it "fills" the trailer out vs. the R6 or my old 1125R.

I think you could do two FZ1s if they were pointed opposite ways, maybe.

The key is being able to get a nice angle with the tie-downs.

Thanks for the input! Without already having one to play around with it may be difficult for Pyrogenic and I to really decide if that trailer is best to share.

It certainly would be more than good enough for one. More decisions! :)

Linky dinky to trailer page: Folding Trailer, 48

Action shots!!!

1) Remove Rear Bolts

View attachment 4720

2) Remove from cotter pins

View attachment 4721

3) Fold back half on to front half

View attachment 4722

4) Fold back half on to front half

View attachment 4723

5) Zip tie halfs together

View attachment 4724

6) Zip tie halfs together

View attachment 4725

7) Lift! Bend with the knees and watch the tongue as it swings down. Rock up onto casters.

View attachment 4726

8) Folded up

View attachment 4727

9) Nice house shoes huh? Where's my Bushmill's???

View attachment 4728

10) Born Killer

View attachment 4729

This is the first time I saw a "build" and actually noticed the product. Do you think next time you can use a scantily clad women for the pictorials. It would certainly make it more interesting. I may not learn anything but.......:jk:

Back